I have just ordered a BB 7105t and its supposed to be delivered to my ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

babaganoosh no está en línea Stack level 2

Help with email

Advertisement

I have just ordered a BB 7105t and its supposed to be delivered to my house on tuesday (My first BB YAY!!!). Well from what i understand if you want your email "pushed" to the bb you have to use one of the mail apps. on the computer(like outlook for windows or MacOSX mail).
    Well i have never been able to setup one of the mail apps on my computer, (i would be using MacOSX Mail because i have a mac ) even when i used windows i wasnt able to figure out how to set up outlook lol.

Could someone please help me configure Mail so it'll already be done when my bb comes. would prolly be easier if it was done through im, my AIM is commandersafi and my YIM is omeed_91

appreciate any help

EDIT: well i just checked and the delivery has been rescheduled for the 3rd .

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Help with email

babaganoosh, Welcome to PinStack.

What email client do you use now? Something like Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo? You can set up your BB to get email from just about any email server. If you don't use an email client now on your BB, you don't have to have on just to get your email to your BB. You will need a PIM running on your Mac if you want to use it to edit your address book from the Mac and sync using PocketMac.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    babaganoosh, Welcome to PinStack.

What email client do you use now? Something like Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo? You can set up your BB to get email from just about any email server. If you don't use an email client now on your BB, you don't have to have on just to get your email to your BB. You will need a PIM running on your Mac if you want to use it to edit your address book from the Mac and sync using PocketMac.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr

Thanks,

I currently use yahoo and aol.
    So by what your saying i dont have to use the email app ie. OSX Mail, i can just recieve email directly through the bb. if so that is what i would want to do.

BTW this forum is great

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Yes you can get your emails straight to you BB, you may have an icon that says "setup internet email" if not log into your carriers BIS site.

Looks like your on T-mo try this page:
    http://www.t-mobile.com/bis/

If you cant get it there, you should be able to log into your "My T-mobile" account:
    https://my.t-mobile.com/login/MyTmobileLogin.aspx
    And look for "Setup Blackberry Internet Email" under messaging.

Of course this will be after you get your BB and you need a Data Plan.

Thanks for all the help, when my BB comes i will get it all done and if i have questions i will come back

EDIT: there is one more question that i have lol. Right now i'm having to use a prepaid service untill the end of the year when i can get the whole family on a new plan. So when i get the plan i was just going to get a free phone then switch out the sim card. My question is can i still do email and other things that normally require a Data Plan, and it just take away from my minutes like every other type of messaging does, or will i just have to wait till i get my plan?

i would like to say that this is one of the best support forums i have ever been to, everybody seems layed back and welcoming

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You have to have a BlackBerry data plan to get any data services on a BB. The bad news is that most carriers will not provide a BB data plan on a pre-paid account.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

well that sucks. oh well, i can go with out data things for a couple of months untill i get my plan. It would be nice to have email, but all i really have to have is the phone and text messages

Thanks for all the help

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by babaganoosh
    Thanks for all the help, i would like to say that this is one of the best support forums i have ever been to, everybody seems layed back and welcoming
    Greetings and Welcome to the Forum babaganoosh!

Yes, this is a wonderful forum. A great place to hang out and learn about all things BlackBerry. I have learned a lot here in the last few months since purchasing my first BlackBerry.

Cheers......

Ok, just one last question (well for now lol).
    Are there any advantages of using the DM over pocketMac. Like what can it do that pocketMac cant. I have a intel mac, and i run windows XP through a virtual machine mostly for 2 programs, photoshop and visual Studio C# 2005. Because i have it open alot i could use DM if it has better things.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

babaganoosh,

I'm not sure of all the capabilities of PocketMac, but I do know that DM does have more. There are several thread posted in the Mac & Blackberry forum concerning this.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by babaganoosh
    Ok, just one last question (well for now lol).
    Are there any advantages of using the DM over pocketMac. Like what can it do that pocketMac cant. I have a intel mac, and i run windows XP through a virtual machine mostly for 2 programs, photoshop and visual Studio C# 2005. Because i have it open alot i could use DM if it has better things.
    I use a MacBook Pro for my personal use, and a ThinkPad for business. Being new to the Blackberry Platform (3 months) I have only used it with my Thinkpad (so far) as the BB is very beneficial to my work. Eventually I'm going to get it up and running with my mac.

However that said, I have a friend that uses his BB with a MacBook Pro and he favors Pocket Mac. Since he is not into forum's I would be happy to ask him about your question of DM vs pocketMac. I expect to be able to report back to you in a day or so.

Cheers......

Thanks to both of you

I got my BB this morning. I've been playin around with it all day. As neat as it is now i cant wait to get a data plan so i can do more.

Thanks for all the help