I am a newbie BB fanatic and having 1 problem I can't seem to figure ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

phr33dom no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4013FEE4

Question Help WIth 7100i and DDL RIngtones

Advertisement

I am a newbie BB fanatic and having 1 problem I can't seem to figure out and it is embarassing. I have tried unccessfully to find the answer within the stacks for a few weeks but really need a push in the right direction. Is it possible to transfer ringtones via USB? If not, how about using Bletooth? Noticing that NO ONE else seems to have this problem has given me a small complex (grin) as everyone else MUST know!

If you would be so kind as to post intructions for downl;oading and installing ringtones for the 7100i I know at least 1 person who would be thrilled.... ThanX gentlemen and Ladies...What you do for ewach other here is very cool and not common. It reminds me of BBsing in the early 90's Keep up the good work, you have anew member of the STack for life.

phr33dom
    phr33dom=the responsiblity of the somewhat downtrodden to advance the interest of the haves while trampling the have nots quietly.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Help WIth 7100i and DDL RIngtones

While it is possible to download ringtones using the USB, it is a process that requires quite a bit of effort. See the Re: Ring Tones and Pictures without a Data Plan Thread. It is not procedure recommended for the casual user.

And given that the 7100i cannot use MP3 Tones, I would think your choice is limited.

Hope this helps.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

If you would like to just download tones to your 7100i via your berry browser you can get a few here. Keep in Mind the phone will only take Midi files. http://www.mobile41.com/midi.htm

Adding ring tones without a data plan is as Rcbjr said. In the event you have access to the web i would go that route.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

b208 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have just acquired a 7100i i was wondering can someine please inform me howto get ringtones on m phone.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

b208, Welcome to PinStack.

Using your Blackberry Browser, go to the links provided in the two posts directly above yours. Browse to any ringtone with an file extension of mid and click on it. This should bring up a ringtone player. once it completes downloading and starts playing, you can use the trackwheel to scroll to the control on the far right of your sceen, then Click the Trackwheel to initiate the save process. Complete the save, then open the Profiles and select Show Tones from the Menu. See if the file you just downloaded isn't displayed there.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

daielpaiz no está en línea Stack level 1

can somebody help me with ring tones i can download any on my bb 7100i nextel, thanks for all your help with themes./.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi daielpaiz, welcome to pinstack. Have you updated your BB software to the latest available? If so you can visit any site with wav files on it. Either way you can still get midi tones. Check here for a great selection... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._websites.html