When I am using my walkie talkie on my 7100i, my bb goes back to ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

dandiggler no está en línea Stack level 2

Help! When I am using walkie talkie.

Advertisement

When I am using my walkie talkie on my 7100i, my bb goes back to the home screen too quickly. Is there any way like on other iden handsets to change the back to home settings? It is a pain becasue you have to go back a find the person in the call log and alert them again..

Thanks

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Help! When I am using walkie talkie.

Hello dan, and welcome to pinstack.com.

I personally have not experienced the timeout to be any less than normal, though many other stackers have mentioned this.

If I ever have an issue where I need to "beep" the last person it is really quite simple, and I can do this without looking at my BB. What you do is hit the green talk button and then immediately after push the walkie talkie button. Viola!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

dandiggler, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

dandiggler no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help.
    Dan

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you start the conversation from the phone screen, it will default back to the 'last calls' after the direct connect times out. Or you could set the ptt button to auto connect to the last connection no matter what screen you're on. But I found that it can be inconvenient if you bump the button long after the conversation is over.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Ben, are you suggesting "one touch direct connect". There is no such option on a BB, only on other select iDEN phones.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Ben, are you suggesting "one touch direct connect". There is no such option on a BB, only on other select iDEN phones.
    Yup. It's there. At least on my 7100i, it was there. It's in the Options from the Phone screen.

Roveer no está en línea Stack level 2

Yup, It's true. It goes back to the BB screen sooner that the Nextel phone's return to their screen. The folks at RIM did not take the time to fully understant the nextel OS and left many options out in addition to not properly implementing many others. You'll get no help from them, as they don't seem interested in supporting true nextel users. I griped about this a while ago and I believe you can enable the option to call the last person you talked to but that is no solution to the problem as it creates new problems of it's own.

It's a BB world and we must all live in it.

From the numerous threads I've read on this forum I wouldn't hold my breath waiting to see new feature sets (or just properly emulating old ones), and don't expect to see any new BB Nextel phones either. Maybe a hybrid sometime in the future, but that does us oldschool nextel users no good.

Dont' mind me, I'm still steaming from 3-4 other missing or broken features on my "new BB phone".

Guess us nextel guys are a cramudgedy bunch. my nextel was a lot more than a fancy email gadget to sit on my notpad in meetings. I wish RIM could understand that.

Regards,

Roveer

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin
    Yup. It's there. At least on my 7100i, it was there. It's in the Options from the Phone screen.
    Not on mine, double check cuz that is not a feature of an iDEN BB. Let me know.

As for the timeout being less than that of an original iDEN phone...
    The timeout is supposed to be 7 seconds, and that is how long it is on my BB. What kind of timeout are you guys experiencing?

cabletool no está en línea Stack level 1

I set that middle button ( defaulted as the BROWESER BUTTON ) to go to call log. So when its on my hip and one of my techs hits me up I just grab it and hit that middle button and there it is.
    Best workaround Ive found... looking for more though as its 90% of my use so far.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi cable, welcome to pinstack.

Quote Originally Posted by cabletool
    I set that middle button ( defaulted as the BROWESER BUTTON ) to go to call log.
    The green button to the left of the center button brings you to the call log too.

cabletool no está en línea Stack level 1

DOH!

NOW what can I use that button for.... hmmm...