My first post so please excuse if the info. I need is elsewhere. I got ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

forrestgump no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Help required for new Blackberry owner

Advertisement

My first post so please excuse if the info. I need is elsewhere. I got the 7100x and played about with it for a few days as they are entirely different to standard mobiles, there are a number of issues which have got me so annoyed I am thinking of throwing it away.

How do I stop the phone needing a password entering every time I use it?

How do I enable e-mail of any sort, I have work and private pop e-mail accounts and am with 02?

Where can I get the full instruction manual?

There does not appear to be a browser on the phone?

Many thanks in advance.

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2 stop the password for using it u must go to options/security options/general settings/disable/ menu key and hit save.
    To enable ur email, I personally like to call tech support and walk me thru it.
    For a manual visit www.rim.com and they have manuals in pdf. Format....I hope this helps and good luck
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Oh and 4 the browser; go 2 your home screen hit menu/show all/ and u should see a few extra icons pop up being shaded in color~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3

You do have a blackberry tariff from o2? You will not be able to browse or do email unless you have this.

The BB tariff must be combined with a pay monthly sim. The simplicity sim is good as its not a long contract, add the blackberry. Bolt on to it.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell Wood View Post

You do have a blackberry tariff from o2? You will not be able to browse or do email unless you have this.

The BB tariff must be combined with a pay monthly sim. The simplicity sim is good as its not a long contract, add the blackberry. Bolt on to it.

Hope that helps.
    THAT EXPLAINS IT MATE THX, will contact 02 if I decide to keep this pesky phone.

Quote Originally Posted by toddone View Post
    2 stop the password for using it u must go to options/security options/general settings/disable/ menu key and hit save.
    For a manual visit www.rim.com and they have manuals in pdf. Format....I hope this helps and good luck
    the rim website does not seem to have the main manual? only a how to get started one?

PIN/ID
    Who is your service provider, they may have it there on there website.
    Or you can google it and I'm pretty positive that it would pop up~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

O2 may have a manual. But if you google 'my blackberry from o2' you will find a whole raft of instructions and yes they should have a manual somewhere if they ever stocked that device.

Look for their blackberry downloads page.

Quote Originally Posted by toddone View Post
    that string of menus does not exist on the 7100x, anyone have this model?

also when I open roxio media manager to add some ringtones it sayd device not connected even though it is?

help please as this is driving me mad.......

also can someone please advise where I can get the cd for my device 7100x, I downlaoded the desktop software but it won't work without my phone software

Try this link from o2 for the 7100 phone software. Make sure it is the same version as on your device.

http://www.my-blackberryfromo2.com/B...d_software.asp

Go to options > about to check the Operating system version on your phone.

You do not need the cd as it has the desktop software on it which you already have. You can get it from Blackberry.com also.