If reseting the handheld this does not resolve the problem, erase the handheld applications and data.
- Reset the handheld by removing and re-inserting the battery.
- Erase and reload the handheld applications and data by running Application Loader.
Warning: You should not install BlackBerry Device Software that is older than the version currently installed. Doing so could cause the BlackBerry device to malfunction.
Complete the following steps:
- Install the BlackBerry Device Software on your computer.
- Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer.
- Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Complete one of the following:
- If the Application Updates Available window appears, click Update Now. The Application Loader Wizard appears.
- If the Application Updates Available window does not appear, double-click the Application Loader icon. The Application Loader Wizard appears.
- Click Next.
- If prompted, enter your device password and click Next. When the Application Loader Wizard is finished examining the configuration on the BlackBerry device, the Device Application Selection screen appears listing the applications available for installation. The selected check boxes indicate applications that are already installed on the BlackBerry device.
- To add an application to the BlackBerry device, select the check box.
- To remove an application from the BlackBerry device, clear the check box.
- Click Next.
- If the On the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether or not to automatically back up the device. Click Next.
- Click Finish to begin loading the BlackBerry Device Software.
- Click Close when the software is finished loading.