I downloaded a theme for my 7100g (theme file name is slmac). after updating the ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

ravitv no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Help!! please..

Advertisement

I downloaded a theme for my 7100g (theme file name is slmac). after updating the unit through the application loader on the desktop manager, my unit cannot start normally, it shows a message: "abort exception - reset" so when i highlight the "reset" the unit starts again, and give me the same message over and over. please let me know how can i correct this please...

thank you.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Help!! please..

If reseting the handheld this does not resolve the problem, erase the handheld applications and data.
    1. Reset the handheld by removing and re-inserting the battery.
    2. Erase and reload the handheld applications and data by running Application Loader.
    Detailed instructions:

Warning: You should not install BlackBerry Device Software that is older than the version currently installed. Doing so could cause the BlackBerry device to malfunction.
    Procedure

Complete the following steps:
    1. Install the BlackBerry Device Software on your computer.
    2. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer.
    3. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    4. Complete one of the following:
      • If the Application Updates Available window appears, click Update Now. The Application Loader Wizard appears.
      • If the Application Updates Available window does not appear, double-click the Application Loader icon. The Application Loader Wizard appears.
    5. Click Next.
    6. If prompted, enter your device password and click Next. When the Application Loader Wizard is finished examining the configuration on the BlackBerry device, the Device Application Selection screen appears listing the applications available for installation. The selected check boxes indicate applications that are already installed on the BlackBerry device.
    7. To add an application to the BlackBerry device, select the check box.
    8. To remove an application from the BlackBerry device, clear the check box.
    9. Click Next.
    10. If the On the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether or not to automatically back up the device. Click Next.
    11. Click Finish to begin loading the BlackBerry Device Software.
    12. Click Close when the software is finished loading.

WhaWhaWha no está en línea Stack level 1

What he said.... only when you run application loader, restore only the basic, typical applications of the BlackBerry. Don't do a full restore.
    If it aint broke it aint worth Rimming

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

ravitv, Welcome to PinStack
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ravitv no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Help!! please..

thank you so much guy!!!! you were all very helpful. I solved the problem.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Very glad to hear it is solved for you. Hope you still love that BB of yours. Please let us know if you have any more problems, issues, or concerns. Or if you just wanna talk.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Andreigest no está en línea Stack level 1

i have the same problem on my bb7100v and wen i run the Application Loader my bb shuts down :| what do i have to do??? please help
    Last edited by Andreigest; 10-10-2007 at 03:37 AM.

frnksrc no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Help!! please..

3. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. I bought my blackberry from a friend. He didn't have the software that came with it. I have connected my 7130e to the internet and it said that it installed the device but I can't find the software or the Blackberrry Desktop Manager. I may just be an idiot, but how do I find it on my computer?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Welcome,

You can find it by following the link for your carrier in this thread, BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites. You can't install the Device Software on the BB from the Internet. You have to download it to your PC. then Run it to install it on the PC.
    Rcbjr
    Last edited by Rcbjr; 01-20-2008 at 03:07 PM.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

daveysp no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Help!! please..

Hi....

Last week after finishing a call I plugged my 8100 back into the charger and when I picked it up an hour or so later the handset was completely dead. I tried a soft reboot and have taken the battery out etc to no avail.

It was running on my works enterprise network but when I spoke to IT dept their helpful answer was "it looks dead". This is a personal blackberry (about one month old from new) as cheapo company will only provide older handsets so they are not interested in helping.

When I plug in the charger or PC USB cable the red light flashes repeatedly so something is live. Have tried battery in a friends 8100 and that works fine. SIM card works fine as well.

I have spent a couple of days looking at older threads and have been trying to re-load the software as outlined in the thread "How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected".

However.....
    i) I have uninstalled and re-installed the blackberry desktop manager
    ii) I have downloaded the handheld software for the 8100
    iii) When I take the battery out and connect to my PC it just can't detect the 8100 in the communications settings (even when I hit "detect").

Has anyone else had a new 8100 die on them like this for no reason and can you suggest any way I can get the communication to work so I can try and reinstall the os etc.

Many thanks in advance.....

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Quote Originally Posted by daveysp View Post
    Hi....

Last week after finishing a call I plugged my 8100 back into the charger and when I picked it up an hour or so later the handset was completely dead. I tried a soft reboot and have taken the battery out etc to no avail.

It was running on my works enterprise network but when I spoke to IT dept their helpful answer was "it looks dead". This is a personal blackberry (about one month old from new) as cheapo company will only provide older handsets so they are not interested in helping.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of IT professionals.

My suggestions, since the unit is only a month old, and should be under warranty, take it back SOON!!

richpit no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: Help!! please..

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    If reseting the handheld this does not resolve the problem, erase the handheld applications and data.
    1. Reset the handheld by removing and re-inserting the battery.
    2. Erase and reload the handheld applications and data by running Application Loader.
    Detailed instructions:

Warning: You should not install BlackBerry Device Software that is older than the version currently installed. Doing so could cause the BlackBerry device to malfunction.
    Procedure

Complete the following steps:
    3. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    4. Complete one of the following:
      • If the Application Updates Available window appears, click Update Now. The Application Loader Wizard appears.
      • If the Application Updates Available window does not appear, double-click the Application Loader icon. The Application Loader Wizard appears.
    5. Click Next.
    6. If prompted, enter your device password and click Next. When the Application Loader Wizard is finished examining the configuration on the BlackBerry device, the Device Application Selection screen appears listing the applications available for installation. The selected check boxes indicate applications that are already installed on the BlackBerry device.
    7. To add an application to the BlackBerry device, select the check box.
    8. To remove an application from the BlackBerry device, clear the check box.
    9. Click Next.
    10. If the On the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether or not to automatically back up the device. Click Next.
    11. Click Finish to begin loading the BlackBerry Device Software.
    12. Click Close when the software is finished loading.
    I'm having this same problem, but BB Desktop Manager won't even connect to the device while it's displaying the "abort" message...or any other time. I can't get to the Application Loader to do anything!