Ok, so my provider just upgraded to 4.1.0.rel314 4.1.0.292. I was stoked because I didn't ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

ozrial no está en línea BB Themes Guru
    PIN/ID
    Ask

***HELP!!!***No Message Services Configured 7100g GSM

Advertisement

Ok, so my provider just upgraded to 4.1.0.rel314 4.1.0.292. I was stoked because I didn't like the idea of having to use Hong Kong CSL software just to get the theme I wanted. I then proceded to download and install away. Everything worked great, I even got to keep the Zen theme working. A friend with the same provider same equipment as I has done it already and is working 100% AOK. For myself however it not only deleted all of my pictures and ringtones, BUT it also, for some reason, deleted the message services. My tier 2 dept is not open until Monday. Any help would be beyond appriciated!!!

I have tried to reinstal, but it doesnt see anything missing....so it takes no actions.
    ...:: OZ ::...
    "Marriage is like sitting in a bathtub, once you get used to it - its not so hot"

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: ***HELP!!!***No Message Services Configured 7100g GSM

Yikes! What did you add to/delete from your 'Berry between the time it worked and the crash? Only thing I can think of is to use Javaloader and do a FULL wipe of the device and reload everything, including the OS. Here's the link to another thread about Javaloader. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...38&postcount=3

Send a PIN message (not thru BB Messenger) to Twheeler. His PIN is 203798F4. BlackBerry Messenger is not currently working on his BB and he is looking for a new one but if you send him a regular PIN message, he will answer you. Good luck.

I sent him a PIN for you in case BB Messenger isn't working.

If you can't get the Javaloader to work, try wiping as I said earlier (ignore the cradle steps):

1. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Intellisync, and then click Auto start.

2. Make sure the only option checked is Update handheld's date and time.

3. Click OK, then click Close.

After completing the steps below, if you want to synchronize your BlackBerry again, make sure to reselect the auto start options you deselected above, or your device will continue to only update the date and time when cradled.
    To clear personal data from your BlackBerry, follow the directions below:

1. Cradle your device. (Edit: This does not apply to a 7100 series BlackBerry. Thought I'd add this cause it confuses people).

2. If the BlackBerry you are clearing is not the one you are currently using, you will see a Redirector Settings pop-up that says your email account is set up to use a different device and asking if you want to change it to work with this device. Click No.

3. Double-click Application Loader, then click Next.

4. If prompted, enter your password.

5. On the Handheld Application Selection screen, click Next.

6. You will see the message "No actions are required." Click Advanced. If you have an 850 or 950 series device, click Next on the Handheld Storage Allocation screen.

7. On the Handheld Data Preservation screen, click to check Erase all application data. Click Next.

8. On the Application Data Backup screen, select Do not automatically back up and restore the handheld application data during the loading process. Click Next.

9. Click Finish. Make sure you do not remove the handheld from the cradle until the clearing process is finished.

If this doesn't work, pull the battery out (you may want to take the SIM card out too), wait 30 seconds, put everything back in, and do the following: Options> Advanced Options>Host Routing Table> Register Now.

After that, log onto your carrier's BlackBerry Web Client site and under "Set Up Email Options" resend your service books to your phone. You will get your Browser, Download Fun and Set Up Internet Email icons back. Good luck.

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

woooooo hold up. Before you go threw all that. Tell me, are you on BES?

I checked his profile and he's not on a BES.

PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Hmmm If he was on a BES, enterprise activation should push that back to him. I am not sure how to push it on BIS.

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

try to use the new activation fromyour handheld. The BIS may need to verify your new settings after you did your re-install. There should be an icon on you device to allow you to play with your BIS settings.

Has this been resolved yet? I have not been able to reach Oz on his BB yet.

Oz has a working BB now. I just pinned him and he loaded his most recent backup to his 'Berry and things seem to be going smoothly. His carrier's OS upgrade was the problem. He is using the Hong Kong CSL OS but is not very happy about it.

ozrial no está en línea BB Themes Guru
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I just loaded a backup and said forget it. I am just sad that I have to use a foreign software to do something the software my company just purchased should be able to do. I am still not giving up though. I will talk to the Tier 2 guys tomorrow at work. It is still acting a little funny. I am on BIS, and the Enterprise Activation icon usually disappears shortly after I upgrade (each time I have done it, and when I first got the phone activated). Everything came back including all of my ringtones, PIN contacts, wallpapers and message service, but that darn Enterprise Icon is apparently there to stay this time. No one else who has this exact phone with the exact same service still has their Enterprise Icon that I know of (and I know a large amount of people with them at work).

Anyways, I am up and running now and will discuss with the "experts" tomorrow =). Thanks a million for all of the wonderful insight and help. This is why Pinstack rocks the mostest!!! (...yes I know what I typed - LOL)
    ...:: OZ ::...
    "Marriage is like sitting in a bathtub, once you get used to it - its not so hot"

You're welcome. Happy to help get it back up and running. If you're looking for an upgrade, here ya go http://www.discoverblackberry.com/de...Id=H0,C63,P101

PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Normally you can just hide that icon.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

I usually hide mine.