Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By catstide

I'm new to BBs, though pritty good with PC and phones so I managed to ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

dna_alexov no está en línea Stack level 1

Help - just got a 7130

Advertisement

I'm new to BBs, though pritty good with PC and phones so I managed to figure most out. I do have some questions though:

1) what are themes?

2) I figured out how to use speakerphone when I answer a call, though it takes quite a few key strokes - is there a way to set this to auto or have the softkeys/shortcut keys set to speakerphone?

3) I want an MP3 player to be able to play some mp3 songs. Searching through net, I found BerryTunes, though it can only handle 12 max songs downloaded into the BB. Are there any other options? Has anyone tried BerryTunes and if so is anyone willing to share the regkey so I can try it out?

4) I want a voice recorder, so I can reply to my emails with the attachment of my voice reply (would be much easier than typing through the BB keyboard) - is there such an animal?

5) are there any other 'voice' programs, such as voice recognition or software that can read my emails?

6) I set my home page for browser to Yahoo.com - it loads but is in text mode (the normal pics and ads do not appear) - can this be set to show this stuff?

7) what is 'blackberry messenger' - I have this app though have no idea what it does.

8) how do you load jpg into the BB?

Thanks

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

Re: Help - just got a 7130

1) what are themes? Themes change the look and feel of your blackberry without changing any functionality. The make the berry look different. Go to options<<themes and try a few out.

2) I figured out how to use speakerphone when I answer a call, though it takes quite a few key strokes - is there a way to set this to auto or have the softkeys/shortcut keys set to speakerphone? The "op" key will activate the speaker phone when you're on a call.

3) I want an MP3 player to be able to play some mp3 songs. Searching through net, I found BerryTunes, though it can only handle 12 max songs downloaded into the BB. Are there any other options? Has anyone tried BerryTunes and if so is anyone willing to share the regkey so I can try it out? I've never tried berry tunes, but I can't imagine they don't have a free trial version. Who is your carrier? If the carrier is on BES 4.1, the only other option (until OS 4.2 is released anyway) is to post mp3s to a website and access them through the browser. Then you can save the page (i.e., the song) to your messages folder and play it whenever you want.

4) I want a voice recorder, so I can reply to my emails with the attachment of my voice reply (would be much easier than typing through the BB keyboard) - is there such an animal? I don't think there's a voice recorded. May be os 4.2 will have it.

5) are there any other 'voice' programs, such as voice recognition or software that can read my emails? None that I know of.

6) I set my home page for browser to Yahoo.com - it loads but is in text mode (the normal pics and ads do not appear) - can this be set to show this stuff? Go to option<<browser configuration in your browser and change content mode to WML & HTML and check all of the boxes.

7) what is 'blackberry messenger' - I have this app though have no idea what it does. Blackberry Messenger is an instant messenger application that works using the devic'es PIN - a unique code assigned to each berry.

8) how do you load jpg into the BB? Emal the files to yourself, open them as attachments to the email (open email, click menu, click open attachments). Once loaded, you can save the image and access through the "pictures" application. OS 4.2 may improve this as well.

Welcome to pinstacks and feel free to ask any other questions!

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Welcome and good job to spamdumpster for answering those questions so quick!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

dna_alexov, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Welcome to the stacks!!!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

razerblade no está en línea Stack level 1

why do my songs come out too super fast or super slow on my BB with berry tunes?????????????????? some body help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mechsham no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32af5121

Thumbs up just got a 7130----me too

Nice, informative post. I'm an XV6700 user coming from the Pocket PC world and learning.....good stuff here.

Razen no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    256D76F4
    Why is it that nobody listens or cares foe me?? Am i unwelcome here?
    Love was stolen from the very beggining, so stop complaining! You are not the first

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razen View Post
    Why is it that nobody listens or cares foe me?? Am i unwelcome here?
    you are very welcome here Razen. What do you need? You posted on a thread that's over 5 years old and frankly your post didn't make any sense.
    chokem likes this.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks