1) what are themes? Themes change the look and feel of your blackberry without changing any functionality. The make the berry look different. Go to options<<themes and try a few out.
2) I figured out how to use speakerphone when I answer a call, though it takes quite a few key strokes - is there a way to set this to auto or have the softkeys/shortcut keys set to speakerphone? The "op" key will activate the speaker phone when you're on a call.
3) I want an MP3 player to be able to play some mp3 songs. Searching through net, I found BerryTunes, though it can only handle 12 max songs downloaded into the BB. Are there any other options? Has anyone tried BerryTunes and if so is anyone willing to share the regkey so I can try it out? I've never tried berry tunes, but I can't imagine they don't have a free trial version. Who is your carrier? If the carrier is on BES 4.1, the only other option (until OS 4.2 is released anyway) is to post mp3s to a website and access them through the browser. Then you can save the page (i.e., the song) to your messages folder and play it whenever you want.
4) I want a voice recorder, so I can reply to my emails with the attachment of my voice reply (would be much easier than typing through the BB keyboard) - is there such an animal? I don't think there's a voice recorded. May be os 4.2 will have it.
5) are there any other 'voice' programs, such as voice recognition or software that can read my emails? None that I know of.
6) I set my home page for browser to Yahoo.com - it loads but is in text mode (the normal pics and ads do not appear) - can this be set to show this stuff? Go to option<<browser configuration in your browser and change content mode to WML & HTML and check all of the boxes.
7) what is 'blackberry messenger' - I have this app though have no idea what it does. Blackberry Messenger is an instant messenger application that works using the devic'es PIN - a unique code assigned to each berry.
8) how do you load jpg into the BB? Emal the files to yourself, open them as attachments to the email (open email, click menu, click open attachments). Once loaded, you can save the image and access through the "pictures" application. OS 4.2 may improve this as well.
Welcome to pinstacks and feel free to ask any other questions!