I had a solid white arrow in the upper right corner of my screen. Normally ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

seone no está en línea Stack level 2

HELP!! Infamous white arrow and no-restart!

Advertisement

I had a solid white arrow in the upper right corner of my screen. Normally I have to pull the battery to get rid of this because I can only dial letters when I try to call someone. If someone has a way to get rid of this, that would be great buy my immediate problem is that after I removed the battery, the phone will not boot back up.

All it does is show the hourglass with NEXTEL in the yellow background. This has been around a half anhour now with the hourglass! I've also tried removing the battery again.

Any ideas?!?!?!?

Seone

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Umm...Press your ALT button and the white arrow should go away.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Ok, so my above post was part one of two.

As for the second part, try and let it go a little longer..I don't have a Nextel device, but with mine, the TMO symbol appears...It may just be stuck or it may still be in the process of booting up if it was working on something when you took the battery out the last time.

Yes, well the white arrow should go away after pressing the alt key, but not the case. When I was trying to dial out, I could only enter letters and that does me no good. So, like I've done before, pop the battery and let it reboot however, it is not doing it yet.

I just got off the phone w/ Tech support and they said to let it sit for another 2 hours then call back. I get the feeling he didn't wan't to be bothered....LOL

But I'm waiting....

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Did Tech indicate what waiting 2 hours would do?????

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Did Tech indicate what waiting 2 hours would do?????
    Give him enough time to clock out and be off work probably.

Funny thing....I did ask him what the wait was for just before asking him what time tech support closed for the night...
    I was told that the bb could have been in the middle of "something" when I first removed the battery and now it's rebooting and trying to get back to that point when it was interrupted....I'll try it but I'm just getting nervous!

Re: HELP!! Infamous white arrow and no-restart!

Okay, some time after two hours had passed the thing sort of booted back up. I had the home screen in the background yet there was a dialog box stating that the bb was turning off. I could not get rid of the dialog box regardless of buttons that I pushed.

So...out with the battery again, which by the way is the only way I know how to do a hard reset, any other ideas?

Sometime over the night, the phone came back to life with a new dialog box which I'm now going to try to click on the "OK". Here's what it reads:

Uncaught exception: process net_rim_bb_phone_app(40) killed due to message queue overflow.

So, not really sure what that sounds like, I'm going to now click on "OK" and see if I can use my phone.....say a prayer!

Okay, the phone and calender seem to work fine. Does anyone know what that message means???

Thanks!
    Seone

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: HELP!! Infamous white arrow and no-restart!

Seone, here is a thread that gives you a little background on the Message overflow: http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...hp?t-4422.html. Glad you're up and running again.