I need some help. Situation: I wanted to syncronize my contact list from MS Outlook ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

fitzland no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Help: Contact Syncronization (Mass Deletion)

Advertisement

I need some help.

Situation:
    I wanted to syncronize my contact list from MS Outlook with my new Blackberry 7130c.

What I did:
    My contact list had several old numbers and contacts that I needed to delete. I deleted many, but after 15 minutes, I got tired and thought that I could finish at another time. I decided to synchronize. Oh, what a mistake. All the contacts were copied to the blackberry. When I decided to clean up MS Outlook a little more and then re-synchronize, I found that the Desktop Manager wanted to put the old (now deleted) contacts back on my MS Outlook. It would not delete anything from the blackberry (even though I set it to "MS Outlook wins".

I have about 1000 contacts I need to delete, and I'm not looking forward to del - d.

What I need:
    Please tell me there's some way to erase or delete more than one contact at a time on the blackberry.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    hmmm I wish I knew what to tell you... I am sure that someone will be around shortly to answer this for you. BTW Welcome to Pinstack!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    You can delete the entire address book using the advanced feature of the backup/restore of the Desktop Manager.

fitzland no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you. I just stumbled on that. I figured there must be a way to keep me from having to delete one by one.

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just bumpin this hoping someone will coming along to help!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    fitzland, Welcome to PinStack.

Did you have the Sync setting to Export (BB to Outlook) or was it set to Sync. If this situation comes up again make sure once you have synced the first time that the setting is Sync. That way it will go both ways and if there is a conflict then you will have an option to reconcile the differences.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles