First of all, I am thinking of going into the world of BB from a ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

seone no está en línea Stack level 2

Help!

Advertisement

First of all, I am thinking of going into the world of BB from a Treo 650. I only use the Treo as a PDA, not a phone. going with the BB, I would be able to condense into one carrying item. That would be nice! I have Nextel presently.
    Anyway, right now, I bought a used 7100i and Nextel tried to walk through the set up to convert the phone to my number etc...and the "Master Radio Reset" does not come up as an option. I have dl'd the latest software etc...and Nextel is stumped as well. They say to send the phone in for repair. I have contacted the person I bought it from for a refund...does anyone know how to get this phone to show me the "Master Radio Reset" option????

Secondly, I love some of the apps for my Treo, one being a password keeper and secondly, is a lock device that will not let ANYone have access to anything on the Treo without entering a password. As a matter of fact, if they enter the wrong pw 3 times in a row, they get locked out for 15 minutes for every time they keep trying with the wrong pw.

Any input would be great, right now, I know NOTHING about the 7100 but would love to!

Seone

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Hello, how are ya? This has happened to me before, and to resolve the issue a new os has to be installed, but first the old one should be wiped out. To wipe the BB I would use a program called JLCmder, which can be found in the downloads section. Then you have to reload the software using the desktop manager. If I wasn't mobile I would give you more detailed instructions. Just holla for help...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ and there is a password keeper on the BB, if you don't have it now you will when you load the new os. And you can lock the BB under security in your options. It will allow 10 wrong attempts, and will wipe the information if the 10 attemps fail.

seone no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'll ask you for help....I'll even wait for you to "not be mobile".
    ANYthing you can help with would be great. Also, at this point, I am concerned about the condition of the phone, I bought it for $200, if you help me reset it, do you think it's worth it/? What makes this happen anyway? Well....I guess I'll wait for you to get to a destination. I will log off for the night and check tomorrow....THANK YOU...

BTW, I LOVE this site, it seems everyone is pretty supportive and that's such a big plus!.

Seone

cass921 no está en línea Stack level 3
    the 7100i is a pretty cool phone even though i have no plan i have a boostberry i also purchased a used 7100i from ebay i had no problems with it though what is the condition of the phone that you have? mine just had two chips of paint missing otherwise i got a great deal on it. and welcome to pinstack

calblanch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300b52f8
    One note to make...
    I also own a Treo 650 and a BB 7250 (BB 4 work and 650 for personal business). The Treo has a lot of features that the BB does not but the keys on the keyboard are also compressed. The 7100 has a software prog to guess what word you are trying to type which does speed up entry a bit, but it takes about a week or so for the softwre to "learn" the words you use more than others.
    For passwords, the spash app on the Treo is ok but for the BB the built in Password Keeper is maintained only on the device. It does not install to your PC so if something happens to your device there is no backup.
    I am using Minisafe and it installs an app to the desktop that sync's with the BB everytime I cable it. Very handy since I know that I will be upgrading from the 7250 to the 8700 next month. I will be able to migrate everything with very little effort.

Hope this info helps...
    Calvin