ok im a noob as you can see. can anyone tell me if i have ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

mcmac no está en línea Stack level 1

Have a .wav ringtone i really want on my 7105t

Advertisement

ok im a noob as you can see.
    can anyone tell me if i have a wav ringtone on my computer how i can get it onto my 7105t since i dont have a data plan?
    i think i read i need to convert it or something which is totally foreign to me.
    any help appreciated

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Have a .wav ringtone i really want on my 7105t

If i recall correctly the 7105 will play midi, polyphonic, and adp files. So yo have to convert the wav file to any of these formats.

A friend of mine said that he uses this freeware to convert from wav to midi: http://www.pluto.dti.ne.jp/~araki/amazingmidi/

He uses it for his instruments, but i think it will give you an output of an midi with an input wav.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by mcmac
    ok im a noob as you can see.
    can anyone tell me if i have a wav ringtone on my computer how i can get it onto my 7105t since i dont have a data plan?
    i think i read i need to convert it or something which is totally foreign to me.
    any help appreciated
    After you convert the file to a .mid, here's how to get it onto your 71xx device: Complicated at first, but with the 7105t OS, it's the only way, as far as I know.
    Sure: Go here http://www.mobile41.com/theme_tools.htm and find JDE 4.1.0. Downloads and installs fast. You may need to install the latest java, but I'm not sure -- the JDE will tell you if you need that particular upgrade.

After installation of the JDE, it works like this: First, backup your content store on your real BB to somewhere on your harddrive where you know what it is. Then unplug the cable.

Second, from your Start menu, start "MDS". A DOS screen will open and it looks like a large BAT file runs. Note: You have to have your internet connection open.

Third, from your Start menu, start "Device Simulator". Another DOS screen opens, and then in a couple of seconds a simulated BB appears. I think, at this point, you can change the simulation to your BB, but I've never had to do it so I'm not sure how -- but it should be eezy. However, I'm 99 percent sure you don't have to have matching units for this to work, since in real life you can back up from one BB and restore to another model.

Fourth, simulate a USB connection. From the top menu on the simulator, choose "Simulate" and then "USB Cable Connection".

Fifth, start your Desktop Manager. It will respond as though the simulation is an actual BB! Then use the Desktop Manager to restore the content store that you backed up in step "First" to the simulation.

Sixth, using the simulation, surf around the internet to pictures/ringtones/etc you may like, and download them to the simulation.

Seventh, use the Desktop Manager to back up the content store from the Simulation. Then shut down all the programs, including MDS, the Simulation, and the desktop manager.

Eighth, connect your real BB via USB to the computer, start Desktop Manager, and restore the content store you backed up from the simulation in step "Seventh".

Voila! Pix and other stuff transferred to your pre-4.2 device!

Note: When you do a restore operation, it always erases current data before restoring. That's why it's essential to back up the real BB into the simulation, then the simulation back into the real BB, so you don't lose the stuff you already have on your real handheld.

All this sounds complicated, but after you do it a couple of times, it's really only a few mouse clicks!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

If I am not mistaken, you can also have .adp files on your 7105. .adp is just like a wav file just a slightly different format. If you want the "real" song, .adp is the way to go.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

waynebentz no está en línea Stack level 1

Works like a champ CP..
    I was able to create a short adp file, upload it to my apache server, modify my httpd.conf to include an
    AddType audio/adpcm .adp
    restart apache, and download to the bb

Many Thanks

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Glad I could help waynebentz. Welcome to pinstack.