I must be missing something here.... Google Maps is fantastic, but I have a question. ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

caruso81 no está en línea Stack level 1

Google Maps and Keypad Navigation?

Advertisement

I must be missing something here....

Google Maps is fantastic, but I have a question. GM assigns navigation to keys (4/6 to zoom and 5/8 to pan), but when you set a favorite in GM, it also gets assigned to one of those keys. The problem is that the pan/scroll functions override the selection of the favorite, and there seems to be no way to access the favorite into from the map screen. The location will show up and it will say "5 for options or to edit" but when you press "5" you get panning rather than the options for that favorite. So, how does one edit or see the info for the favorite?

Thanks,
    Wayne Crannell
    BB 7130c

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Under the menu options you should see the option for find location. When you pull that submenu up it will ask you if you want to look at your favorites.

caruso81 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Google Maps and Keypad Navigation?

I get that part. But try this. Go to a favorite in position #5. On the resulting map, you'll get the location and a choice that says "5 for options or to edit." On my 7130, if I press "5" from that map, instead of being able to edit the favorite (or even see the address), the screen pans, which is what the "5" key is supposed to do. My question is how to get the details for that entry.

Wayne Crannell
    BB 7130c