Hi Folks, I just got a 7130C and I am already very frustrated with it. ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

filipgaliza no está en línea Stack level 1

God Help This New User!!

Advertisement

Hi Folks,

I just got a 7130C and I am already very frustrated with it. I just had a baby, am overloaded with work and its impossible to find an hour to get my blackberry to work properly.

I have a very simple question for you all. Is there any application out there that would allow me to input information onto my PC (notepad, contacts, images of family) and then somehow transfer all of that into my 7130C? I cant stand typing all my customers password information as there are hundreds of passwords I need to carry in my blackberry.

Furthermore, I looked at the device manager and I dont see a single app or anything that would let me see that information on my blackberry and quick edit it.

Please HELP!!! Looking everywhere but I cant seem to find an answer to perhaps too simple of a question.

Filip

jbj9871 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: God Help This New User!!

I think you can sync with outlook.as far as pictures you can email them to yourself then save them on your blackberry.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Hello filipgaliza,

I may be able to direct you to an app that I use for my passwords. Mini-Safe allows you to install a desktop program on your computer and a "BB" program on your 7130c. You can add or edit password type information directly from your BB or on the desktop version...it will all sync up perfectly either way you choose.

Now as far as your contacts, if you are using Microsoft Outlook for your E-mail app, you can sync your contacts, notepad etc. directly from your computer each time you connect your BB via the desktop manager.

I'm sure that more folks from the Stack will add to his thread with many more suggestions and helpful hints to guide you along!

Welcome to the Stacks and enjoy your stay!!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

filipgaliza, Welcome to PinStack.

It look like the suggestion provide above will suffice as to the capabilities you need on your BlackBerry. For an explanation of how to Get Desktop Manager up and running, check out this thread, RIM Blackberry Desktop Software Guide.

As to mini-safe, check out MiniSafe for BlackBerry

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

filipgaliza no está en línea Stack level 1

I will check out MiniSafe. Many thanks for your suggestions. I am BEYOND baffled as to why Blackberry doesnt have a HotSync application like every single PDA product does.

I personally purchased a blackberry to carry contact and password information and I thought it would be a nice feature to have images of my family on my blackberry when I travel. I refuse to pay Cingular $40 a month for internet connection as I dont really have $500 a year to throw at their feet for a few minutes of email and web browsing services. I just wanted to use this to have data on it and needless to say needed something better then a cell phone.

Anyway I am still stunned that blackberry doesnt provide anything like that. While all other PDA manufacturers have a hotsync app.

Filip