Does anyone know how to change the inbox folder name on a 7100? Mine was ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

bronco68 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202B94E8

Folder name

Advertisement

Does anyone know how to change the inbox folder name on a 7100? Mine was used by a coworker for a short time before I got it so my inbox has their name attached to it. Any way to change it to mine?

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Re: Folder name

it might have to be changed by the BES admin if you're running on the Blackberry enterprise Server. If you're using the BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) you should be able to log on and change the name.

PIN/ID
    202B94E8

I'm running webclient bis. So far I have not found any way to change this in webclient.

PIN/ID
    23E261CF

if you're still using the webclient interface from a PC you should be able to select the folder on the left and rename it to whatever you want.

If you're on the new BIS from your handheld it may be different. Let me look into that.

Are you getting your Microsoft exchange server mail on your BB? If so, whatever you have in outlook will appear on your BB.

PIN/ID
    23E261CF

if you're still using the webclient interface from a PC you should be able to select the folder on the left and rename it to whatever you want.

If you're on the new BIS from your handheld it may be different. Let me look into that.

Are you getting your Microsoft exchange server mail on your BB? If so, whatever you have in outlook will appear on your BB.

PIN/ID
    202B94E8

I guess that I'm confused. I thought that the bis and webclient were the same thing. All I'm using is webclient. I do not get exchange mail on it at all, just my pop accounts.

PIN/ID
    23E261CF

It is a little confusing. BIS and Web Client are the same.

However, some carriers have migrated to a system that does NOT use the web interface. T-mobile has made this conversion already. From the web client you should be able to select a folder and rename it just like you would in Windows.