MAJOR PROBLEM!!!! I was updating my phone with the most current version of the Blackberry ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

awschubert no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40104CE4

Flashing red LED

Advertisement

MAJOR PROBLEM!!!! I was updating my phone with the most current version of the Blackberry software, After it went thru the process it froze up and stopped working and then finally started and finished everything.... Well my issue is - it finished and then my phone shut off and the LED started flashing red. 2 flashes about every 5 seconds. It does that while the battery is in or plugged into the USB cable when connected to my computer... I have left it unplugged from the computer USB and from the battery for about 30 minutes and it sill does nothing. just blank screen and no power up or anything. This is really irritating and wish i could find out what the problem is... If anyone can help please let me know.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Flashing red LED

its happened to me once if the update is interrupted, freezes, stalls or anyhting it'll mess up yor device. you'll need to hook it up to your computer and reload the software and everything again. you should wait until the battery has no juice in it to do it

PIN/ID
    40104CE4

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge
    its happened to me once if the update is interrupted, freezes, stalls or anyhting it'll mess up yor device. you'll need to hook it up to your computer and reload the software and everything again. you should wait until the battery has no juice in it to do it
    How long will it take for the battery to die? what if i tried just reloading it with the battery out? How do i reload it if it doesnt connect using the desktop manager or device manager? or will it finally find it after the battery has died???

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

ummm...is it still blinking red? depending on how full it was it could take two days. do this take the battery out and plug it in to the computer as soon as you do go to the application loader while its looking for your device or to validate your device pop the battery in and just reload everything

PIN/ID
    40104CE4

ummm...is it still blinking red? depending on how full it was it could take two days. do this take the battery out and plug it in to the computer as soon as you do go to the application loader while its looking for your device or to validate your device pop the battery in and just reload everything
    Yeah, it either blinks red when the battery is in, or when it is plugged into the computer thru USB. My computer reconizes the device cuz i see it in the windows device manager and says "Blackberry Devce" connected to a USB port. But when i try to open either Blackberry device manager or blackberry desktop software it either wont find it when i try to detect or it wont automatically detect in the Blackberry device manager. I know my BB desktop software and device manager work cuz i used my roomies bb on my comp and it detected it right away so i know its not the usb port or cable. and like i said my mouse does the whole hourglass thing for about 4 seconds then stops and says that it detected my bb just not showing on bb device mgr and dsktop software.

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just hero playing with it. And it will let you. That's what I did. And I think my desktop manager just finally have up on being stubborn. Lol.

PIN/ID
    40104CE4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just hero playing with it. And it will let you. That's what I did. And I think my desktop manager just finally have up on being stubborn. Lol.
    I know it seems like I had to do that earlier just to get it working so i could update one thing, then i updated the software and this happens! it really sux since i really dont have much patience for this LOL... If you find out what else i can do please let me know

PIN/ID
    40104CE4

GOT IT!!!! i just opened the Desktop Manager and started the Application Loader and it started installing the software and its up and running now but... LOL Yes theres a but... I dont have my browser now... so i cant get my service books any advice on that?

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Haha. I'm glad you got it going. I told you just play around and be patient. Well go to your options and then go to advanced options and then go to hrt. Highlight anyone of the host routing tables and press menu and register. And it will re register you to the network. Hope that helps. And I'm glad we got it going again~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~