I tried to download the new version of Yahoo messenger on my 7100i the other ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

jwilliams386 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question error message

Advertisement

I tried to download the new version of Yahoo messenger on my 7100i the other day and when it was finished downloading, it said it was done successfully. After it downloaded, it told me I needed to reboot my phone so I did so. When my phone turned back on it passed the security test but it said that there was an uncaught exception: java.lang.error. I was wondering what that meant and how can I fix it. Also, I don’t see the Yahoo Icon but when I search for it under my applications list it says it there. Can someone help me out with this please…

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: error message

From RIM. Hope it helps.
    Uncaught Exception error appears when upgrading to Yahoo! Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones version 2.0

Doc ID : KB14630
    Last Modified : 2007-10-31
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry® Device Software 4.1
    • BlackBerry smartphone
    • Yahoo!® Messenger for BlackBerry® smartphones 1.0 to 2.0
    • SDR151505

Problem

When attempting to upgrade from Yahoo! Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones version 1.0 to version 2.0 on your BlackBerry smartphone, the following error appears:
    Uncaught Exception. java.lang.error
    As a result, you are unable to complete the upgrade process.

Resolution

This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.

Workaround

If you have not attempted to upgrade to Yahoo! Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones version 2.0, delete version 1.0 from the BlackBerry Applications list before installing version 2.0. For instructions on how to remove applications on the BlackBerry smartphone, see KB10040.
    If you have attempted to upgrade to Yahoo! Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones version 2.0, complete the following steps:
    1. From the Home screen on the BlackBerry smartphone, click Option > Applications.
    2. Display the menu and click Modules.
    3. Highlight net_rim_yahoo_messenger.
    4. Display the menu and click Delete.
    5. Install Yahoo! Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones version 2.0 on your BlackBerry smartphone.

jwilliams386 no está en línea Stack level 1

It worked! Thank you sooo much!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Trust points added.