I have search through the forums and can't find the asnwer to this problem. Last ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Danimal no está en línea Stack level 2

Email Attachments

Advertisement

I have search through the forums and can't find the asnwer to this problem. Last night I was finding my way through my BB working on getting the email forwarding setup. I was able to view 1 attachment sent in an email. It was a jpeg. However this morning I received an email with an Excel spreadsheet and attempted to view it. I got an error that stated invalid format or something like that. I am not able to view any attachments now even though in the email it states that there is an attachment. I tried an mpeg file and an excel file with no success. I just got the 7130 through Verizon and it had the newest software on it. I also have the software installed on my desktop with the redirector running.Any ideas?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Email Attachments

Try sending yourself a basic word attachment. From office 2000 (xp) or better. Also make sure in your applications list for your device that "Blackberry Attachment Service" is installed.

hmmm.. those may be long shots. I've always been on BES so not the best person to reply to this. Good luck!

Sent from Office XP and Blackberry Attachment Service 4.1 shows under applications. Could changing the theme effect it somehow? Also I don't see the little thumbnail like as if their is an attachment.

PIN/ID
    ask

theme shouldn't matter but switch back to default and test.

Also send me the attachment to hayden.james@pinstack.com

i'll test on my BB also.

Well I deleted the email account that I setup last night since I am now using the redirector. That didn't make any difference. Still no luck with the attachment though. There aren't any settings that allow you to block attachments that I might have changed are there?

PIN/ID
    ask

Got it.

Both the jpg and word doc opened fine. May be a non bes issue. Did you also check for attachment service - if installed?

Some alternatives:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=1068

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=1085

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...71551&R=171551

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=1234

Changed the theme and it didn't effect it. Yes it shows that it is installed when I go under settings>options>advancedoptions>applicationsBlack berry Atachment Service Version 4.1. Modules Listed net_rim_bb_docview
    net_rim_browser_plugin_docview
    net_rim_bb_docviewimage

I saw the eoffice package when I was first checking out this site. I was planning on getting it for myself and 1 other user.

Can you view email attachments using the redirector software? When I viewed the other attachment I was using BIS not the redirector software.

I just spoke with Verizon Technical Support and they stated that you can only view attachment through BES or BIS nor redirector. Guess I need to go back to the BIS setup. I will confirm this shortly after I switch everything back.

PIN/ID
    ask

thats good progress. Keep us posted

Ok now I am irritated. I set up the email the way I had it last night. Now I am not receiving any email, whereas when I had redirector I was getting them as they hit my inbox. Well hey it only took 5 minutes to finally get an email (I could live with that). However it is only sending mail that is in the inbox and not folders in the inbox. For some reason the forwarding rule I created is not sending any of my email to my blackberry. I set up a rule where it checks the to: cc: fileds when it hits my inbox and it is supposed to forward them to my blackberry. Ahhh. If I were to get eoffice would I then be able to view/receive my attachments do you think? i think I would rather use the redirector than BIS.