I bought my BB used and just started using it. it works great other than ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

new7100iuser no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down E-mail

Advertisement

I bought my BB used and just started using it. it works great other than the old persons' e-mail is still on it! how do i change this? the plan is all in my name.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: E-mail

Welcome to pinstack.

The previous owner needs to remove that pin from their webclient account, or BES if thats the case.

Then you can go to www.nextel.blackberry.com to set up your webclient account.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Smile OoO

Thanks for the tip. How would they go about doing that? I only talk to the man through ebay's messaging so i would need to explain. Also i have another question. i do not have an internet browser on the phone. Is that why i can not send SMS or MMS messages? the only options that show in messages are create e-mail or create PIN. Would i first need to get the internet browser added onto the phone then i will be able to fix the other 2 problems? oy..

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

How would they go about doing that? I only talk to the man through ebay's messaging so i would need to explain.
    Just ask the person to have his webclient account deleted, or simply remove the pin from your BB from the account so you can reset it up.

Also i have another question. i do not have an internet browser on the phone. Is that why i can not send SMS or MMS messages?
    The internet browser will appear after a data plan has been added to your BB. You will still not be able to have emails because the pin is associated with the previous users account.

Quick question for you, do you mean you still receive emails from the previous user's account, or does it just show the previous user's address. Did you wipe the device when you got it, or was it wiped before it was given to you?

I do not recieve any e-mails..or any incoming messages at all. yes his e-mail is still on the phone but when i try to send an e-mail it does not go through. i didn't wipe the phone i just had nextel transfer my account onto the included SIM.

About this data plan; i am already on a family plan and pay my part of the standard bill(not the entire bill just for 1 phone). does the data plan add on top of that or is it just going to be $39.99? Also, what specifics does that plan include?