I have only had my 7130e (Verizon) for 4 months, so I am still feeling ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Slats325 no está en línea Stack level 1

Does Email follow to a new Blackberry

Advertisement

I have only had my 7130e (Verizon) for 4 months, so I am still feeling my way through all the nuances. I have a question regarding Email settings: I am set up to receive 4 Email accounts (Yahoo Premium, Gmail, Verizon Blackberry & my Roadrunner home account. When I eventually upgrade to a newer and greater Blackberry, and once Verizon inputs all their magical information to activate my new Blackberry, do all the Email settings follow to the new unit or do I have to go through the set-ups again? Thanks in advance.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Does Email follow to a new Blackberry

im not sure about verizon, but i do know that your BIS account stays with you...so all you will need to do is go into that account and change the PIN and imei number and it should work no problem.

Slats325 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks, much. I am technically challenged and did not want to have to go through the Email process again. I appreciate your fast reply. Have a good one!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Slats,
    All you will have to do is enter the Phone information in your BIS account, If Verizon or Logging into your BIS account using the BB doesn't do it automatically.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I do believe it should switch automatically when you do a device change on the bis website. I have Verizon too. I can't wait to upgrade to a 8703e from my 7130e. I need the full keyboard.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Yes it will be seemless. As mentioned above just enter your new BB information in your carrier webclient account and resend the service books.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    im not sure about verizon, but i do know that your BIS account stays with you...so all you will need to do is go into that account and change the PIN and imei number and it should work no problem.
    What I might ad to the excellent advice above, is that you check the version of your BB desktop manager software. Launch desktop software and under the help menu, about desktop mgr, it will give the version number. The one you want is version 4.2.0.xx

If you have an earlier version, simply log onto the BlackBerry web site and you will find it there for download, at no charge.

My 7130c came with an earlier version which does not have all the useful features of the 4.2 version, one of thich is a choice called "switch device wizard" this makes it very easy to change the BB that you are using.

Finally another great improvement is that it works with Outlook better and the sync process is now bug free.

Cheers..,..