I installed Ramble IM so that I could get my AOL IM's on my Boostberry ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

jayberry404 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    RUKIDDIN

Desktop Manager Error Message !

Advertisement

I installed Ramble IM so that I could get my AOL IM's on my Boostberry 7100i. It worked fine at first. Then it got a bit buggy (No Alert/Vibrate) so I decided to get gmail for my e-mails on this phone, so I deleted Ramble Im.

This is where it got funky! after I did this I then did a soft reboot (power off, remove battery, and hold power on/off for 30 secs). This did indeed remove Ramble IM but it jammed something to where I get a message When I attempt to load apps now and Desktop Manager won't allow me to load anything to the phone. I get an ERROR MESS "No additional applications for your device were found". So now I'm stuck like a truck in wet dirt with no RAMBLE IM or G-Mail!

Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Desktop Manager Error Message !

Both Ramble and Gmail have OTA (Over The Air) installations:
    Ramble: http://wireless.sra.com/ramble/
    Gmail: http://www.gmail.com/app
    Click the link in my signature for a lot more OTA installations!

As for the actual problem, your best bet would be to back up your data, wipe the device with JL_Cmder, then reload the OS and restore your data.
    JerryD

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Try first simply re-booting your computer and re-starting the desktop manager. Often that will fix the problem. When install or removing apps from your device try and keep everything in the same location on your computer. When you move files around the desktop manager always goes back to the last directory you installed from.

That error message is common.

jayberry404 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    RUKIDDIN

The OTA attempt tells me that "It appears you are trying to dowload using the OPERA MINI BROWSER". And that they can't detact my phone type when using OPERA MINI.

Then when I click dowload anyway, a system message says that "OPERA MINI is attempting to invoke the browser". Do you want to allow this? Click yes.... and it attempts to connect with Blackberry Browser which I don't have. Is there any way around this or do I just have to go through the whole wiping and reinstall of the op system. if so how would I do this ?