When I try to install my blackberry desktop manager it tells me I do not ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

cuevas_14 no está en línea Stack level 1

desktop manager error

When I try to install my blackberry desktop manager it tells me I do not have privleges eventhoug I am the administrator. I am running Windows Vista. Can anyone help?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: desktop manager error

Uninstall whatever you've installed, then:

1. Make sure you're using Desktop Manger 4.2 SP1. Version 4.2 SP2 should work, but it has the huge Roxio Media Manager which is overkill, and useless unless you have a media card. If you already have SP2, select a custom installation and unselect Media Manager.

2. The package you download is a self extracting Zip file. Use an Unzip utility and extract the package to an empty directory.

3, Once you've unzipped the package, RIGHT Click on BlackBerrySetup.exe and select Run As Administrator.

The reason for unzipping the package is so that if you want to change the installation setup at a later time, you can. If you just run what you download, the setup files are put in the Temp directory where they'll eventually be deleted.

If you do run the package you download, do the same Right Click and Run As Administrator for the package.