I'm looking for a way to delete the built-in (shipped) tones. Any help would be ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

clmccullough no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    324A7733

Question Deleting built-in content...

Advertisement

I'm looking for a way to delete the built-in (shipped) tones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    BB PIN: 32B102A8
    AIM: jnbsdad
    BB AIM: clm blackberry
    EMail:
    mailto: jnbsdad@gmail.com

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Deleting built-in content...

Quote Originally Posted by clmccullough
    I'm looking for a way to delete the built-in (shipped) tones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Well, a couple of us have already been working on that, however, unless you have a device running 4.0, I can't tell you how to do it without getting uncaught errors.

Pretty much if you are running 4.1, you will be able to delete the preloaded ring tones---if you only want the device to vibrate. You won't be able to download any, however, programs such as IM+ and Ramble and other programs that have their own built in sounds, should be able to work.

If you are running 4.0 (72 series devices) then you will be able to delete the ringers package and install whatever ring tones you want...

Any of this make sense?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Also, do you happen to work in an enviorment where you need the certificates that are pre-installed on your device?

You can go ahead and delete those also. I have deleted all of mine (not sure how much space they took up) but I have had no problems since doing so.

PIN/ID
    324A7733

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Well, a couple of us have already been working on that, however, unless you have a device running 4.0, I can't tell you how to do it without getting uncaught errors.

Pretty much if you are running 4.1, you will be able to delete the preloaded ring tones---if you only want the device to vibrate. You won't be able to download any, however, programs such as IM+ and Ramble and other programs that have their own built in sounds, should be able to work.

If you are running 4.0 (72 series devices) then you will be able to delete the ringers package and install whatever ring tones you want...

Any of this make sense?
    I'm running 4.1.0.318 on my 7130e. I'd like to be able to delete the built-ins but also have the ability to keep the personal ringtones that I've created and downloaded to my BB.

I think I understand what you're saying but I'm not certain that I'm not willing to give up the ability to have other ring tones in lieu of.

Thanks for the help!
    EMail:
    mailto: jnbsdad@gmail.com

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Well,dont worry...currently working on doing it for 4.1 but without getting errors...trust me, once its done sucessfully, it will be posted here in a matter of minutes.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Minutes, only because it'll take that long to stop him from jumping up and down and shouting I DID IT, I DID IT.

Rcjbr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    324A7733

hahahaha...thanks to all for the help