I am aware that there is a similar discussion on this that has to do ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Raya no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E200AC

Deleting an unwanted module

Advertisement

I am aware that there is a similar discussion on this that has to do with the Bookmark Manager. I do not want it in my BB anymore. However there is not a way to delete the module. If it was installed in the device one should be able to uninstall it.

Please give advice.

Thanks!

tippndown no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3012D2AF
    If it is an application that came with the phone I doubt there would be a way to delete it....Only a select few applications that come with the phones OS allow you to do that...Maybe someone has found a way...Good Luck and Welcome to Pinstack

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Raya, Welcome to PinStack.

I think tippindown may be correct, but you could check to see if it is a separate item that can be left out by unchecking it in the Desktop Manager Apps Loader when installing the OS.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Applications that come with the phone can be deleted. Is that the question or am I confused. Just go into applications and delete the app you dont want.
    Last edited by cp6169; 12-07-2006 at 03:19 PM.

PIN/ID
    23E200AC
    The thing of it is that the App did not come with the phone. It was downloaded into the phone from the PocketMacforBlackBerry4. I did this because at the time I thought it would be a great idea to synchronize my bookmarks from my MacBook Pro to my BB. Then come yesterday I thought I really did not want all my bookmarks to be in there just the ones from the Bookmarks Bar (this is the collection that only contains the bookmarks that I use all the time, i.e., financial institutions, etc.).

This is when I discovered I am not able to delete the module. It is tucked in behind the BB 4.1 Core Apps. I tried to do an Uninstall from the PocketMacforBlackBerry4 App. But the App did not show up in the list of apps to be uninstalled. I am unable to uninstall from the BB itself either. It does not give me the option to do so. The menu lists:
    View Properties
    Edit Permissions
    Edit Default Permissions
    Close

Hmm. There's got to be a way. Unless I am able to restore the contents of the BB back to it's original settings (similar to what one can do with an iPod if it is not functioning properly).
    The CD that came with the phone is not compatible with my Mac.

Please give more thoughts and advice.

Thanks for welcoming me and for your replies.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Options-advanced options-applications. Click trackwheel, choose modules. Scroll to the one u want, click trackwheel, click delete.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23E200AC
    Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Options-advanced options-applications. Click trackwheel, choose modules. Scroll to the one u want, click trackwheel, click delete.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thank you for this advice. However, this was my obvious first choice to do. As I mentioned in my previous reply that the BB does not give me the option to do this.

Again, there must be a way. The App is third party. It is possible that it WILL be deleted. The vendor, gremlinworX software, should have some sort of an "antidote" to delete it.

Then, again, I am positive that I am not the only one whose BB has this issue. There is definitely one or a few of you who has awesome advice to remedy this. And you shall be my Hero forever.

Please give more ideas/advice.

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Deleting an unwanted module

Quote Originally Posted by Raya
    Thank you for this advice. However, this was my obvious first choice to do. As I mentioned in my previous reply that the BB does not give me the option to do this.

Again, there must be a way. The App is third party. It is possible that it WILL be deleted. The vendor, gremlinworX software, should have some sort of an "antidote" to delete it.

Then, again, I am positive that I am not the only one whose BB has this issue. There is definitely one or a few of you who has awesome advice to remedy this. And you shall be my Hero forever.

Please give more ideas/advice.

NO YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE.....

I have two OTA software downloads that I have been unable to figure out how to delete. They are "Chronomagic" and "Country Code Lookup". They are not listed in the Applications (Options>Advanced Options>Applications) list with all my other 3rd party apps, and though they are listed in Modules, there is no delete item on the menu to remove them. What else can I try? Also, I use a Mac so I do not have access to the Desktop Manager. I have also tried using PocketMac4 and it does not work.

PIN/ID
    23E200AC

Lightbulb Re: Deleting an unwanted module

I went on the PocketMac support site to get tech support advice on how to delete the BookmarkManager App version 1.0.4. I just received a reply back from Steve Z., Tech Support Engineer, that the only way to delete this App is with BlackBerry Desktop on a Windows PC.

Previously, I did attempt that procedure on my Mom's PC, but this only deleted the Bookmarks in the BookmarkManager. I'm probably missing a step, therefore I will go back and take a look at it again.

Getting closer to my goal.

Again, if a Third Party App can be installed - it can be uninstalled.

calcutta no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Deleting an unwanted module

I am a MAC user and although I haven't sync'd my BB with Mac yet because I use BB with PC's at work. this blog has been very useful because I was planning to sync it up tonight! I will be cautious. Try this though: you have to use a PC, backup your BB, and save the file, now go ahead and wipe your handheld. (this takes some time) then download the original BB OS for your mobile Carriers network (I am with bell mobility) to the desktop. (you can usually find it @ www.blackberry.com) open the application and follow the prompts, once that is complete, go to the "application loader" in the desktop software, select "advanced" you should see a checklist populate, in there I suspect that you would be able to uncheck that particular module for a custom install of the original software. You should be able to but this is just an Idea I had that could help you out, you may not have to do all of this but I suspect it will work, hell if it doesn't work find a way to make it work! Lol!
    Cheers ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

calcutta no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Deleting an unwanted module

By the way you may not have to wipe the handheld, I suggest you should try that idea I just posted as a second option just to be safe.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23E200AC
    Quote Originally Posted by calcutta
    By the way you may not have to wipe the handheld, I suggest you should try that idea I just posted as a second option just to be safe.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thank you for the idea(s) calcutta. I might just try it.

I've managed so far with just hiding the BookmarkManager App. But, I still plan to completely delete it.