Is there anyway to delete all the Memory in 7105 to get rid of all ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

foodbiz no está en línea Stack level 1

Deleting all Memory

Advertisement

Is there anyway to delete all the Memory in 7105 to get rid of all the contacts and calendar dates...

I am selling my phone and want to CLEAR it

thanks,

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: Deleting all Memory

Wipe it.

Zo

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Options/security options/general setings/menu/wipe handheld.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Thanks Rc. I couldn't remember how to do it. lol. I need those instructions myself to wipe an 8830 tomorrow.

Zo.

joenash no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3050DBF9
    I have a question! I did that and it seems it wipes out the phone book, wich is okay better than deleting one contact at a time, and all the email address, my question is t-mobile gave me the unlock code and I unlocked it but it still says t-mobile when i turn it off and on, even with no sim card, if it is unlocked how come, also all the programs i put on it are still on it it there a way to totally wipe everything?
    Joenash

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by joenash View Post
    I have a question! I did that and it seems it wipes out the phone book, wich is okay better than deleting one contact at a time, and all the email address, my question is t-mobile gave me the unlock code and I unlocked it but it still says t-mobile when i turn it off and on, even with no sim card, if it is unlocked how come, also all the programs i put on it are still on it it there a way to totally wipe everything?
    The t-mobile will stay on the device even if it is unlocked because it is branded to t-mobile. You can wipe to factory setting. All you need to do is when you wipe the device is check include 3rd party apps. Another way would be to use jl_cmndr and totally wipe the operating system. Only trouble there is you have to reinstall it and if you are not comfortable doing so the first option is the best.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Joe,

Unlocking the device simply means that the device can now be used on any GSM network......has nothing to do with any applications you have/had on the device.

If you follow the instructions above to do a Security Wipe, that will remove all the data and third party applications you have installed on the device.

Options>Security Options>General Settings.....press the BB menu button (to the left of the trackball) then select Wipe Handheld. If you have third party applications on the device, you'll be asked if you wish to remove those as well. Follow the intructions and your device will be wiped to its original factory settings.

Regardless of being unlocked and wiped, your device is still "branded" as a T-Mobile phone. Debranding is a whole other animal and requires more expert technical skills and instructions than I am able to provide.

Hope this helps,
    Roger