Is there any chance that I can delete the wireless on/off feature on my 7100i?? ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

john_k no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Hiding Icons

Advertisement

Is there any chance that I can delete the wireless on/off feature on my 7100i?? It's sounds stupid, but I hate where the battery is low and I can't use it up by calling or what not, I have to wait till the phone is completely dead before I do anything of the sort.

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: Delete wireless on/off?

This isn't possible, the best you can do is jus hide the menu option.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: Hiding Icons

Quote Originally Posted by john_k
    Is there any chance that I can delete the wireless on/off feature on my 7100i?? It's sounds stupid, but I hate where the battery is low and I can't use it up by calling or what not, I have to wait till the phone is completely dead before I do anything of the sort.
    This is actually a very nice feature (wirelss on / off) an example is on the weekend when I want to disconnect from work, I simply turn off the wireless connection, and I still have the BB wih me as a PDA is case I have an idea that I want to capture.

After I turn off the wirless, I then remove the battery, and sim, put the battery back and it's my PDA. Then I insert the sim into one of my other regular phones, like my RAZR and I'm all set.

A phone for calls and text to friends and family, and my BB just in case I have a need. Swapping sims is so easy that it gives one a choice of what you feel like carrying on the weekends.

Cheers...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Delete wireless on/off?

Why are you waiting to use the battery up before charging. The Blackberry Batteries are Lithium Ion batteries and not NiCad or NMH. They don't take a set the way the others do. They actually prefer to be kept fully charged. And if you accedentally take them below a certain point they shut off permanently. If my radio ever shuts off due to low battery, it goes on the charger immediatly.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles