My text messaging is being delayed by about 4 hours. When I send them to ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Nia07 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    401e8c40

delayed text messaging?

Advertisement

My text messaging is being delayed by about 4 hours. When I send them to people they receive them very quickly 3 minutes tops. But when they send them back it takes me 4 hours to receive them for instance I will receive a text message at 11pm that was sent at 7pm. Anyone know what the problem is or how to fix it? Please help! I called nextel to me to do a hard reset and a master radio reset neither worked!

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: delayed text messaging?

That sounds like a problem with the network, not anything to do with your phone.
    I don't have Nextel and have never used one of their BBs before. So wait up until someone with more experience with your particular phone comes around to give you a more definite answer.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    401e8c40

Its really strange my emails seem to be working fine. Just my text messaging~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

Is your BB on the nextel network? If so there is a known issue with txt messages from blackberry's and it taking upto 48 hours for onr to be recived and at times even sent.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    401e8c40

Yes I am on the nextel network. Thanks for the info no one at nextel told me about the issue! That really clears things up~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

brentlyeve no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205CD002

I don't text with my 7100i, but I know from experience with my other Nextel phone that this happens sometimes. Also, at times my receipt of text messages is rather delayed.....sometimes I will get them in the middle of the night

Breezyd no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problems with my phone! When I originally called someone walked me through the basics and then decided that I had a "tier 2" problem and would have to call back on Monday (I called on a Sunday afternoon). When I called back on Sunday the "tier 2" person just had me do a hard reset and all of a the sudden everything worked again, which is really annoying. The technician told me that this was a known problem with the 7100i, and one that they hope to correct with a software upgrade somewhere in the near future. He told me that every few months I may have to do a hard reset or a master radio reset to solve the problem until the software can resolve it (and who knows when that will be available!) It can be very frustrating, and now my friends just call when I don't respond right away. I would call back and ask them to send you a test message. If theirs don't go through to you, ask to speak to the next person above them until you can get something resolved! Good luck!