One of the keys on my 7105t suddenly stopped functioning. I will try canned-air cleaning, ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Defective Key

Advertisement

One of the keys on my 7105t suddenly stopped functioning. I will try canned-air cleaning, but anyway: is it possible to DISASSEMBLE the keyboard, or otherwise clean it? Do individual keys snap on/off, similar to many PC keyboards? Thank you!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Defective Key

Welcome to pinstack.

The keys are all part of one keypad, and yes it is possible to take it apart. I dont have the disassembly guide handy, but its quite easy with the right tools.

PIN/ID
    244F596F

Thank you! Do you have any pointers as to where I should look for a disassembly guide, or similar information? You see, I have taken apart many laptops, and put back together all of them -- except the first one. :-) This IS my first Berry!

PIN/ID
    244F596F

UPDATE: Problem solved -- but for the sake of others who might face the issue it would be nice to have further information about keyboard disassembly.

DETAILS: Time sometimes heals everything -- I let the Berry sit and the key eventually came back to life. I suspect something had crept under it, and it dried out and quit presenting a problem. Once before, I recall, the keyboard had gotten wet and entire rows went crazy, one key press resulting in multiple key entries -- of that and other keys. The fix again was waiting (ah!... the pain :cry: ) until it dried.