Hey everybody, I am new to Blackberry and I think I am going to love ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

robro1102 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question data connection refused on main screen

Advertisement

Hey everybody,

I am new to Blackberry and I think I am going to love it. I have the 7130C, and I have one question:

I don't have a need for the data plan at all, so therefore I don't have it on my Blackberry. On the main screen, it says "Data Connection Refused". Is there anyway to remove that? It bothers me.

Thanks for any help.

charmed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7A06F63C

Re: data connection refused on main screen

actually no because you dont have a data plan thats why the error message displays on the device. there isnt any way to remove it.

Re: data connection refused on main screen

Quote Originally Posted by robro1102
    Hey everybody,

I am new to Blackberry and I think I am going to love it. I have the 7130C, and I have one question:

I don't have a need for the data plan at all, so therefore I don't have it on my Blackberry. On the main screen, it says "Data Connection Refused". Is there anyway to remove that? It bothers me.

Thanks for any help.
    Yes you can. Here's a little trick: Go to Options, scroll to Network. In "Network Selection Mode", choose "Manual". Then choose "Scan for Available Networks". After a few seconds of scanning, the handheld displays the available networks; choose yours. It will pop up a window that says "Network Selection Successful", press your Enter key, and Voila! Your network (T-Mobile or whatever) replaces "Data Connection Refused" on the screen.