on my bb 7100g, at the main screen at the top it usually displays the ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

jrees07 no está en línea Stack level 2

Data Connection Refused?

Advertisement

on my bb 7100g, at the main screen at the top it usually displays the Cingular carrier logo, etc. But lately it has been a 'data connection resfused' normally where the cingular banner was. i was just wondering what it meant if anything. thanks
    jrees

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    do a battery pop to see if that gets rid of it.

i have had this issue before with 1) data plan problem and 2) cingular connectivity problems. once resolved itself, other time i had to do a battery pull.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Jrees. It's nothing.... It's a cingular thing. Happens to me to from time to time... You can try to turn it off then back on again . If that doesnt work then yea do the battery pull option. It's annoying but its just one of those things.... lol
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    that error means that your phone is trying to connect to the BIS but your carriers network won't let you connect. Some times the service books go out dated. if a battery pull doesn't work have your provider re-send the configurations to your phone

SSM_Scotch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E29A5E
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzzyP
    Jrees. It's nothing.... It's a cingular thing. Happens to me to from time to time... You can try to turn it off then back on again . If that doesnt work then yea do the battery pull option. It's annoying but its just one of those things.... lol
    Sometimes its means u have to pay your bill, happends all the time with the lawyers at my firm. I'm not a 100% sure but I think it can happen on any BBY, ours are t-Mo. The device just needs to be reset on the network cause the network is no longer giving it or recongizing its address\PIN. I could be wrong I am just making assumptions...would be much like refreshing you IP on your computer...

In the case of some of the lawyers at my firm, the network stopped giving\recongizing their PIN\address on purpose...

-Scotch

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you can also resend your service books yourself by clicking on personal email setup icon on your BB and loging into your account if you have a BIS. If your on BES just call Cingular cust serve.

That is if the battery pop didn't work.

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9
    jrees07.Can you still access the net, and does the top right say GPRS or EDGE? Have you got a current paid data plan?

drichardson no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23c72625

Re: Data Connection Refused?

This thread is a bit old, but It seems to be the one I want. I have a similar problem to the OP, though I have a 7290. It's newly unlocked. I have a data plan with my provider and I've set the APN, but I still don't have internet access.

I have a message "Data connection refused" below the clock. I have 'gprs' and a full signal beside the clock.

I don't seem to have anything listed under 'service books' which I imagine may be important.

I'm very new to the blackberry so go easy on me

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

It sounds like you need to get your unit registered on the network. Easiest way is to either launch the browser and it should start the registration process or log into your account from a PC and give it the IMEI and PIN numbers of your new phone.

Zo

andr340 no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks, solved my problem with the battery pull

kladner no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30288E5A

When mine does that I simply turn the wireless off on the main screen and turn it back on and that usally takes care of it. It will save you a little time instead of a battery pull.