it says on my main screen : ATA CONENECTION REFUSED :: i was wondering why ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Giampster no está en línea Stack level 1

Data Conenection Refused ????

Advertisement

it says on my main screen :ATA CONENECTION REFUSED :: i was wondering why ?? does anyone know whats the problem ???

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: Data Conenection Refused ????

are you on a data plan? if not then that is the reason. if you are then maybe try a bat pull to reset the device! let us know how it goes!

what is a data plan and what is the bat thing ???

im not with a contract i have prepaid cards

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Prepaid cards will not work on a BlackBerry. You have to have a BlackBerry Data Plan on the account to get rid of the Data Connection Refused message. You can also turn it off by going to Options>Mobile Network. Change the Data Services Option to Off.

A battery pull is simply taking the battery out of the device, waiting 30 seconds and putting it back in. This is similar to a hard reset of the phone but you will not lose any data stored on the phone.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Data Connection Refused means that you account isn't provisioned to connect to the Blackberry Network. Prepaid SIM cards won't let you access the network

Sorry
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

data plan is basically internet usage ie BBmessenger, email push, media net all which requires certain amount of kb. in a data plan that is all included for a certain dollar amount. as far as batt that is short for battery!

thanks Rcbjr, Erica!! you guys are quick! : )
    Last edited by Ranz; 09-07-2007 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giampster
    it says on my main screen :ATA CONENECTION REFUSED :: i was wondering why ?? does anyone know whats the problem ???
    If you don't have the data plan, as everyone else has stated, "Data Connection Refused" appears on your screen. There's a lot of us that use BBs as phones without a data plan, so you're not alone!

If you want to get rid of the message "Data Connection Refused", then do this: Choose Options:Network. Change "Automatic" to "Manual". When you do, the option "Scan for Available Networks" appears. Choose that. The 7105 will respond "Please Wait - Scanning for Available Networks". On a 7105 this may take a little while (not too long, though) so be patient. When finished, it will display a list of available networks -- choose "T-Mobile" (or wutever your network is, I assume TMO because it's a 7105). A box will appear that says "Network Selection Succeeded", go ahead and press the enter button. Now, change "Manual" back to "Automatic", make sure that change is saved, and voila! "T-Mobile" will appear instead of "Data Connection Refused". That oughta did it!

Prepaid cards will not work on a BlackBerry.
    For phone-only they will.
    You can also turn it off by going to Options>Mobile Network. Change the Data Services Option to Off.
    Options>Mobile Network>Data Services is not available on a TMO 7105

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I was referring to using the prepaid cards for data. I should have made that clear. And how do you turn off Mobile Data Services on that model? I never knew how to.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    I was referring to using the prepaid cards for data. I should have made that clear. And how do you turn off Mobile Data Services on that model? I never knew how to.
    I know you were referring to data -- I was just razzing you! It's an immature person's way of showing affection.

Since I use BBs for phone and PIM only, I've never turned off Mobile Data Services -- When I get a "new" BB, I remove IT policy, then delete "Help", "Browser", the Attachment Service, and anything else having to do with Data and the Browser. (The Help uses the Browser, so in order to get rid of the browser you gotta lose the Help). Then I have a wonderful phone/PIM/SMS machine with (relatively speaking) unlimited memory. On Color models I install Ascendo Photos so I can load up on pictures of my grankids. But, since I delete all the email/browser aps, I've never had to "turn off Mobile Data Services"