Hi, my wife has BB 7100t and it worked perfectly unitil Friday when she discovered ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

promian no está en línea Stack level 1

Coverage issue on BB 7100t - pls help

Advertisement

Hi,

my wife has BB 7100t and it worked perfectly unitil Friday when she discovered that her BB is out of range... She's got a message like following "failed to send message - packet error". The only possible call that could be arranged is 112 but BB can't find any GSM provider. Do you know what it could be? Her bills were paid on time for 100%.

Regards,
    Promian

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Coverage issue on BB 7100t - pls help

The only thing I can think of is that the area she is in doesn't have sufficient data coverage OR there is so much traffic that the message can't go thru. I also had a 7100t just up and lost its radio about 2 years ago for no apparent reason. I went thru troubleshooting and even opened a ticket with T-Mobile until it died on its own. I had to replace it.

FYI: If it is the device and it's going to need to be replaced, she will probably end up with an 8700g, 8800, or a Pearl. They no longer offer the 7100 series. I wanted a 7105t back after my first Pearl crashed but it had already been pulled.

promian no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Coverage issue on BB 7100t - pls help

Erica - thank you for your reply however it doesn't help...

Her BB was bought in US and send by courier to Poland where we live. It's impossible to have free replace from her GSM provider as I wrote that phone is from the other carrier (sim-lock removed).

I've got BB8800 from the local carrier and if I have a problem like she there shouldn't be a problem to go for a replacement.

In this situation I must look for a different solution. Yesterday I tried to flash her BB and I did it without any problems but after that we'got the same issue and phone is looking for coverage all the time...

Do you have any idea what is going? I already ordered new phone for her but it would be great to know what happened with mentioned bb.

Promian