Hi, I have a customer migrating from a work 7100 (BES) to a personal 8100 ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

jeffois no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Copy Address Book from 71xx to Outlook - When activated on BES

Advertisement

Hi,

I have a customer migrating from a work 7100 (BES) to a personal 8100 (BIS).

He would like to copy his personal contacts from his current work exchange profile (and 7100) to his Pearl.

Obviously, just connecting using Desktop Manager won't work as it won't synch while activcated on BES and synching wirelessly.

Is there a way to 'fudge' the 7100 to allow synching this way???

OR - is there a way to import a BB backup file into Outlook???

OR - would you just suggest that we skip the BB altogether and just export the contacts from the exchange profile, emailing it to himself and importing into his home outlook???

I'm baffled!!! Someone must have run into this one before surely

Cheers!!
    Jeff

9000 Bold (Vodafone NZ)
    PIN: 25636469
    BES & BIS (+gmail)

iPhone 3G with Activesync/OWA

dbagby3 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Copy Address Book from 71xx to Outlook - When activated on BES

Why wouldn't the DM not work? I have a 7100i which is on my companies BES & I use my DM all the time.

I also use it on some of the users I manage who have BB's ranging from 7510's, 7520's & 7100i's. Occasionally some of our engineers who are out in the field & do not have access to a computer will be bring me theirs to back up. I realize that the information is technically backed up wirelessly, etc but it helps sometime to be able to restore that info via DM. For example, one of our engineers had to have his BB sent in for repair so I moved his SIM card to a backup BB we have and transferred his address book over and he at least had phone use during that time.

Anyways....that's not what you asked. Sorry for rambling. But I think you should be able to back it up.