Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was wondering if there was a way of converting .jar and .jad files into ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

CallMeDanny no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40168A47

Question Converting .jar .jad to .alx .cod

Advertisement

I was wondering if there was a way of converting .jar and .jad files into .alx and .cod. I have games I downloaded onto my laptop but I can't load them onto my BB. I loaded opera mini just fine but these games I am having a problem with. If this is not the problem could someone help me get these .jar .jad games onto my BB?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Converting .jar .jad to .alx .cod

Danny, .jar and .jad files have to be loaded over the air. Do you happen to remember the sites where you originally downloaded them from?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

If you need help loading apps to your BB that require OTA you can ask someone here on pinstack with webspace to host them for you. Let us know if you need further help.

PIN/ID
    40168A47

Ok I just assumed that those were the files that worked with my phone model SO I'm probably just confusing myself even more with these file types...anyways, when I click on the download link in opera mini, it says "do you want to invoke" and clicking yes sends me to BB browser. Well my BB browser is not working properly so I can't download anything OTA. It tells me I have no service books. I'm guessing that is what I need then. Any chance you guys would know where I can find these books of service? Would that solve my problem? BTW I got the games from www.mobilerated.com

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Danny, do you have a Blackberry Data Plan? If so, you can select Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table/Click/Register Now, then do a battery pull reset (take out the battery with the BB on and wait at least 30 seconds before replacing it). Or you can sign on to your carrier's web site to send your service books from there.

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I think a plastic surgeon can do a procedure to convert .alx into .alxa, but other than that I don't know...

PIN/ID
    40168A47

I have nextel but I can't find where to get the service books on the site. I know I have wireless web and sms messaging but I can't access any of those things on my BB. I used to be able to use those features on my old phone and my old phone was a black and yellow brick phone (motorola, the starter phone i-something)! At least I can access actual websites now but do I have to sacrifice my messaging and OTA downloads?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

With the BB you need the BB Data Plan, not the regular internet you had with the other phone...

Ribuchen no está en línea Stack level 1

Ya i have the same problem i need to find a way of converting .jar or .jad files into .alx or .cod, i have a 8100 but dont have internet right now and i upload everything to my phone through the Desktop Manager. I was wonder if there is any program that can convert this file if anyone knows?

kickzrus no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ribuchen
    Ya i have the same problem i need to find a way of converting .jar or .jad files into .alx or .cod, i have a 8100 but dont have internet right now and i upload everything to my phone through the Desktop Manager. I was wonder if there is any program that can convert this file if anyone knows?
    same here wish you could
    Red Pearl All Day

tonyu no está en línea Stack level 2

I also have the same problem wherein I have downloaded several files which are in the .jar / .jad format into my desktop. Now I can't transfer them to my BB with the Desktop Manager. I already posted this concern in other threads but until now I haven't had any reply to teach me how to convert these files to . alx / .cod files. Anybody out there who can help?

calcutta no está en línea Stack level 1

Have you tried to open the file on your desktop? When it asks you to choose a program to open it with choose notepad, copy and paste the contents to a new note pad and save as a .alx file, then use the application loader to load that file, it might work, but if it doesn't, you would have to modify the document, but unless you know exacty what to modify don't get creative or brave or you could end up messing your device royaly ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

FidoDido_145 no está en línea Stack level 1

THanxxxxxx

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

i got a few cool programs that have the jad and jar can some 1 host them for me cool bartender app and cool dare game pin me please
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

akeezer no está en línea Stack level 1

Is there a program to convert jar and jad files where you can use Blackberry Desktop Manager to upload to a 7130e??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast