Is it possible to use someone else's content store on my phone? Like if you ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

jake.schires no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Content Store Ringtones

Advertisement

Is it possible to use someone else's content store on my phone?
    Like if you were to back up your CONTENT STORE only, Could it be sent to me via e-mail and I could put it on my phone?

I seriously have no ringtones, I would like to have anything other then what is originally on my phone.

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

Re: Content Store Ringtones

If your using a Blackberry device then you can use the desktop manager to add your own ringstones.

ae86nate no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246IFE94
    Yes it is possible, just as long as your friend has the same phone. Have them back it up on desktop manager and load it on to yours. I'm sure he could email it to you too and just load with desktop manager as well. Remember... The 7100t doesn't accept mp3s. Try looking up .adp format ringtones for realtones.

Or try these sites:

http://www.blackberrymp3s.com/cats-7100.htm

http://inevitabletruth.org/mobrito/
    Make sure you search .adp on the site and it will show you all the .adp formatted ringtones.

Your welcome!

ae86nate no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246IFE94

The ringtones on those sites are downloaded OTA. So no need for the desktop manager if you want these ringtones.

jake.schires no está en línea Stack level 3

You see, I have a data plan with my wireless company, and Blackberry does not support that. I'm just using this Blackberry till I get a new phone. Which may be a while.

So if anyone has ringtones and a 7100g, and would be willing to share their ringtones with me, could you back-up your CONTENT STORE ONLY and send it to be VIA e-mail?

jake.schires@gmail.com