I have a Sony notebook with bluetooth and can pair my 7130c with it, but ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

socjoey90 no está en línea Stack level 1

Cingular 7130c

Advertisement

I have a Sony notebook with bluetooth and can pair my 7130c with it, but I am unable to sync using the desktop manager. Any suggestions? I see the com port it choose for bluetooth is 40 and the desktop manager does not have that. I have tried to remove it and readd it, but when I have the option to choose manually the com port there are none that match up. Has anyone been able to do this?

Thank you
    Joe

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Cingular 7130c

socjoey90, Welcome to PinStack,

Can you sync using the USB cable? or is it just Bluetooth sync that doesn't work? I am not that familiar with setting up DM to do a Bluetooth sync, so won't be much help. But this is the first question that most stackers will ask.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Yes, the sync using the USB cable works fine.

There are options in the DM that mention bluetooth, but they are greyed out.

Joe

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I wish I could help but I don't use Bluetooth because I have to DL the service pack and Microsoft claims that I have an "unauthorized version of windows xp" on my laptop.

In the How To section, I believe Hydn has a complete tutorial on how to sync bluetooth to CPU

Thanks for feedback and hope you get your MS issue worked out. I tried a search but was unable to locate the Tutorial you mention, do you the link for that document?

Thank you,
    Joe

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...etooth_pc.html

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...etooth_pc.html

Kinda repetitious, but should get you where you need to be...

There is another one around here somewhere that I copied from the MS website, but I am unable to find it.

If you need more help, let us know.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Be warned!

If you are on a BES, you may have a policy in place which prohibits Bluetooth connections.

Also check your Bluetooth services available on your BlackBerry.

Options --> Bluetooth --> click wheel, then Options. This will take you to the Bluetooth Options screen. At the bottom of the screen you will see "Services:" and then a list. If you don't see something that resembles file transfer, you may be out of luck.

(I've had two BB's on my company's BES, 7100 and 7130, and I've never had more than headset and handsfree. And I purchased both retail, they were not issued by corporate.)

emarc no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi! need help to unlock my 7130c Phone on Cingular Network. Anybody has unlock code? Please help, I need to use my phone on a tour.

indianajoe113 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, i am a new bb user and i didn't purchase a data plan because I don't need to access my e-mail or the internet. However i do want to be able to sync ms outlook with my bb and I can't figure it out. i installed the DM 4.1 that came with my phone and the phone connects to the computer just fine using the usb cable. but i can't get outlook to reconize any data i try to import. is there a stupid button i need to click in outlook that i haven't found yet? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emarc
    Hi! need help to unlock my 7130c Phone on Cingular Network. Anybody has unlock code? Please help, I need to use my phone on a tour.
    Is the 7130c a GSM device? If so, Unlock code is available at Cingular. Contact a customer service rep, explain that you have a new phone that is locked to a competitor's network and would like to use it on your cingular account, and they will give you the code and instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by indianajoe113
    Hi, i am a new bb user and i didn't purchase a data plan because I don't need to access my e-mail or the internet. However i do want to be able to sync ms outlook with my bb and I can't figure it out. i installed the DM 4.1 that came with my phone and the phone connects to the computer just fine using the usb cable. but i can't get outlook to reconize any data i try to import. is there a stupid button i need to click in outlook that i haven't found yet? thanks
    Are you attempting to synchronize through the DM or attempting to connect directly to Outlook?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    Are you attempting to synchronize through the DM or attempting to connect directly to Outlook?
    . i think i tried both options and i couldn't get either one to work. the DM does connect to the phone though so i know it's there somewhere i just can't find it on the outlook end.

Quote Originally Posted by indianajoe113
    . i think i tried both options and i couldn't get either one to work. the DM does connect to the phone though so i know it's there somewhere i just can't find it on the outlook end.
    On the far right side of the DM screen, there's a Synchonise icon. When you first use that icon, it allows you to set up which program (Lotus Notes, Outlook, or whatever) you want to sync with. If it's not doing that, then your DM may have already been set up to run with something other than Outlook. What I would do is download the version 4.2 of the DM (it's backward-compatible) after deleting the older version, install, and start over. That oughta did it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    On the far right side of the DM screen, there's a Synchonise icon. When you first use that icon, it allows you to set up which program (Lotus Notes, Outlook, or whatever) you want to sync with. If it's not doing that, then your DM may have already been set up to run with something other than Outlook. What I would do is download the version 4.2 of the DM (it's backward-compatible) after deleting the older version, install, and start over. That oughta did it!
    thanks so much for the help. it's nice to have a phone that does what i want it to. now it's time to personalize my bb.

thanks again
    joe