Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

im serious have u tryed deleating your email setting from the pc and reinstalling it,,,it ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

stacyd no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204E5B2B

Re: can't see attachments

Advertisement

im serious have u tryed deleating your email setting from the pc and reinstalling it,,,it has to be done from the pc... try it i had the same problem i couldnt open my attachment and so i had to do that and it worked.....

Nic
    Nic no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by stacyd
    im serious have u tryed deleating your email setting from the pc and reinstalling it,,,it has to be done from the pc... try it i had the same problem i couldnt open my attachment and so i had to do that and it worked.....

Would it be possible to give me more detaild info on how to do it?

stacyd no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204E5B2B

sure no prob.... so which ever way u set up your email in the begining so you can recieve the emails on your bb... my way is threw the online bis server provided by my provider....you go to there and delete the email settings and them redo your email settings like it was the very first time.... and can your model even open attchments? im not sure what u r useing? i know its hard to explain but let me know if u understand my gobblegook....

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Nic
    No, this is all I see:

Received using :
    Message Status :
    To :
    Sent :
    Subject :
    ------------------------------------------------
    [1 Attachment]
    body of mail

application:winmail.dat (25k)

If I click on the wheel, no matter where the cursor is, I never get the option : open attachment.

Thanks
    Nic
    What email address did you send the test mail to? Your blackberry address, or another account you have integrated with your BIS account? If the latter, how is the account integrated? Do you use a forwarding rule to your BIS address?

reason i asked about what email address and how integrated is because i seem to remember that seeing a winmail.dat attachment rather than what was actually sent is all to do with the way Outlook sends mail in RTF, and I've seen BIS accounts struggle to work with Outlook like this before.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I really don't think that Winmail.dat is a supported attachment format. Not really sure. Try sending a .doc file directly to your BB address.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Try sending yourself the attachment again, but set outlook to send the mail in 'plain text'. When you're sending the mail, there's usually a drop down box on one of your toolbars that lets you select between HTML, Rich Text and Plain text formats. Pick plain text.

.dat isn't a supported attachment format. however i've seen problems in the past with BIS where you get a winmail.dat attachment when you're using outlook to send messages in RTF format.

Outlook does wierd things to deal with RTF that aren't always compatible with other email clients/systems. As i understand it it stores all the rtf formatting (and sometimes any attachments as well) in a .dat or .tnef file that it attaches to the mail when you send it.

If you are using Outlook at the receiving end it puts the mail back together correctly and everything looks fine, but if you use something else (Thunderbird or other email client - or BIS) at the recieving end it can't put the mail back together and hence you still see the attachment.

MS have a couple of KB on this here (although not directly mentioning BIS I believe it is relevant).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278061
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241538

bobalviln no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem. I send myself an email with a simple jpg attachment and you see the [1 Attachment], you can highlight the [1 Attachment], but when you press the perl, the menu doesn't have 'open' as an option. I have a friend with a pearl, set-up the same way using BIS and if he does the same as above, his pearl gives the 'open' option when he selects the attachment.

If you solve this problem, love to know how you did it.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Nic
    No, this is all I see:

Received using :
    Message Status :
    To :
    Sent :
    Subject :
    [1 Attachment]
    body of mail

application:winmail.dat (25k)

If I click on the wheel, no matter where the cursor is, I never get the option : open attachment.

Thanks
    Nic

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

bob - under options>advanced options>applications

do you have BlackBerry Attachment Service?

markllewis no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: can't see attachments

I have the same problems with 7130e. I had the option on one email my wife sent that had the photos in the email. So I copied and pasted a JPG into an email just like that one but when I received it, no option to open attachments.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

mark - im assuming that you checked (as in my post #24) to see if you have the attachment service installed? i know this is an issue that i had and what happened was that it was never installed on to my device. when i upgraded to v.71, it still didn't work. so i got online with cingular tech support chat and they helped me fix it. when launching the application loader, you must make sure that Blackberry Attachment Service" is checked (check box).

Nic

Hi Have re-installed the Email but I have the same issue

Nic

Hi Miles,
    I have sent the mail in 'plain text' but I get the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by miles_troope
    Try sending yourself the attachment again, but set outlook to send the mail in 'plain text'. When you're sending the mail, there's usually a drop down box on one of your toolbars that lets you select between HTML, Rich Text and Plain text formats. Pick plain text.

.dat isn't a supported attachment format. however i've seen problems in the past with BIS where you get a winmail.dat attachment when you're using outlook to send messages in RTF format.

Outlook does wierd things to deal with RTF that aren't always compatible with other email clients/systems. As i understand it it stores all the rtf formatting (and sometimes any attachments as well) in a .dat or .tnef file that it attaches to the mail when you send it.

If you are using Outlook at the receiving end it puts the mail back together correctly and everything looks fine, but if you use something else (Thunderbird or other email client - or BIS) at the recieving end it can't put the mail back together and hence you still see the attachment.

MS have a couple of KB on this here (although not directly mentioning BIS I believe it is relevant).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278061
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241538

scubaj no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301EAE64

Hmmmm.

I have an 8703 (I know... wrong forum) but I'm having the exact same problems. Tried everything suggested in this thread, but all I see is the text summary that the email has an attachment, but I have no way to access it.

*BOOOOOOOOO*

Help?

Dispatcher35 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400f6810

I seem to be having the same problem since the outage yesterday. At first I thought it may have been a third party application that I loaded but I did a wipe and reinstall this morning and still can not see any attachments.

btw - I'm using a 7100i with 4.1 and BIS
    Update 09/08/07 11:26
    Nextel Blackberry Support says that due to the RIM outage yesterday, users may not be abale to view attachments. There is no ETA for this problem to be resolved.

Mike
    Last edited by Dispatcher35; 09-08-2007 at 12:26 PM.
    Mikey P
    Marlborough, MA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast