Hello all. I recently tried to install a theme and my phone (7100g) is giving ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Riverman777 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2032b94f

Can't recover from a Device Error:400

Advertisement

Hello all. I recently tried to install a theme and my phone (7100g) is giving me the device error message. I can't turn it off and removing/replacing the battery doesn't work either. I have tried suggestions such as installing JL_Cmder and I get a "can't open the port" error. I have also tried using the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader route and I get an error message also.

Can anyone PLEASE help? I just want to restore this phone if I can. I need to know how to get past the error screen.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advance,
    Riverman.

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Can't recover from a Device Error:400

you are gonna have to reinstall your hand held software....preferably a newer os version then the one you currently have now
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

PIN/ID
    2032b94f

Thank you for your reply.
    How do I reinstall the software? Do you mean that I need the Desktop Manager software or something else? I saw a post where someone suggested the same thing, but I wasn't sure which specific software I need.
    p.s. I have the Desktop Software v4.3 and I had the same problem with v4.2 SP2

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

You also need something distinct from the Desktop Manager: a copy of the Blackberry's operating software to reload. I had to do that once --guess what, I had just loaded a theme, my BB ceased functioning... and I had to do the restore and get my BB back ... PLUS, swear I would NEVER ever use a theme again

Your provider should have the latest software for your device. Go to their site and look.

PIN/ID
    2032b94f

Well, this is my last effort to save my phone. I need the alx/als files for this phone. I have tried to load the original cd-rom for the phone, as well as other software versions from RIM's website. I get the same error every time. The phone is cycling between the spinning hourglass and the Device Error :400 and I cannot power it down. Attempts to use the application loader will not work. When I try to find the alx/als files I need I do not have them.

If I am missing an obvious step (or if someone else has had the same problem) I would love to know what I am doing wrong. I am hoping that the phone is not completely screwed.

Thank you again to those who have responded.
    Riverman

nemogamo no está en línea Stack level 1

Find help here...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html

important point :

2. Install the handheld software. (If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.)

coz when i forgot to do this, DM refuse to install the software saying "no additional bla.. bla.. bla.."
    but after i delete the vendor & restart all over it works like charm..

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by Riverman777 View Post
    Hello all. I recently tried to install a theme and my phone (7100g) is giving me the device error message. I can't turn it off and removing/replacing the battery doesn't work either. I have tried suggestions such as installing JL_Cmder and I get a "can't open the port" error. I have also tried using the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader route and I get an error message also.

Can anyone PLEASE help? I just want to restore this phone if I can. I need to know how to get past the error screen.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advance,
    Riverman.
    So you're saying you tried a device wipe using JL_cmder :
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html
    try that if not.
    Then you can look for your device software here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...oad_sites.html
    and follow this how to upgrade thread here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html