When i call someone on my 7100x. I can hear them, but they cannot hear ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

kujhawks23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Cant be heard

Advertisement

When i call someone on my 7100x. I can hear them, but they cannot hear me. They say i sound very far away and and they cannot hear what im saying. Maybe its the microphone. I dont know. What should i do?

specialguess no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: Cant be heard

If it is new phone go back where you bought it from and see if it is defective.
    Markham, Ontario

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

kujhawks23, Welcome to PinStack.

Did this just start, or have you ever been able to use it.

First, try a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in) and see if that works. If not Let us know and we'll go forward with reloading your OS.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

How do you hold your BlackBerry?

It sounds silly, but I've seen and talked to people all the time who old their mobile phones in such a way that the microphone is nowhere near the mouth!

The 7100 phone has the mic under the keyboard; are you pointing the BlackBerry down below your ear? Or are you tilting it towards your mouth?

Yes, it may be hadware related, but there is also the physical aspect to consider.

Also, are you a loud talker?

I am, and the 7100 was a not a good phone for me! The AGC would limit out and cut me off, essentially making it sound like I was far away to the caller. (AGC = automatic gain control; it's part of the A/D converter in the device to protect the circuitry from loud sounds coming in through the mic. It's inherent to all analog/digital converters.)

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i hate it when phones think they are smarter than I am. In all honesty its not that hard, but I still don't like it. If I want to tell at someone over the phone, I want them to feel the full wrath of my fury not the dimmed down digitized version lacking feeling! But that's just me.