Hi everyone, I've been messing around with my newly acquired blackberry for a few days, ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

akademiks21 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2033ED8C

Thumbs down Cannot receive nor place calls!

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I've been messing around with my newly acquired blackberry for a few days, after upgrading, resetting and all the rest. i finally placed the sim card in with great anticipation. However, it was quick to disappear into disappointment... no matter what i've try, the bb refuses to dial out... all i can hear is the high, low alternating pitch whenever i place a call. and if i phone it, i get the automated voice msg sayin the customer you are tryin to reach is not available!

I am usin an unlocked t-mobile phone with a rogers sim card, the top says ROGERS with a small gprs icon. I did not sign up with the blackberry plan, because i was planning to use this as a regular cellphone, could that be the problem?

any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks in advance!

I hope it's not a broken device, GOD DAMN EBAY!!!

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: Cannot receive nor place calls!

Quick question....Did they say it was a used or a new BB? Have you contacted the seller?

Welcome to the stacks.....we will help you figure this out. What model of BB is it and what did you upgrade it to? What other things did you load? Themes, apps and such.

Let us know so we can help you out more.
    Yes...the BB must have been created and bestowed upon
    us by the Almighty Himself because it is amazingly
    wonderful in all that it does to divert and entertain {LavaGirl}

akademiks21 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2033ED8C

Re: Cannot receive nor place calls!

hi, thanks for replying!

yes, it is a used phone. the model is 7100t by t-mobile. i dont know if its upgrading, but i've downloaded a rom for 7100 and reset through app loader, my app version now is 4.10.351.