On my 7105t - T-Mobile, I can not get the caller ID to work. I've ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

tassenza no está en línea Stack level 1

Caller ID issue on 7105t -Unknown number

Advertisement

On my 7105t - T-Mobile, I can not get the caller ID to work. I've been looking through the threads and I have made sure of all of the following:

My device is unlocked -
    the person calling me's phone number is in my address book-
    their blackberry has no restrictions set (they can be seen on my home phone caller ID)

and all I get on my display for EVERY incoming call is the following:
    Incoming call Unknown number

I never get an clue as to who is calling me neither their name nor phone number ever is displayed.

Is there a setting somewhere, anywhere I am overlooking???

Thank you
    Tom

Re: Caller ID issue on 7105t -Unknown number

Quote Originally Posted by tassenza
    On my 7105t - T-Mobile, I can not get the caller ID to work. I've been looking through the threads and I have made sure of all of the following:

My device is unlocked -
    the person calling me's phone number is in my address book-
    their blackberry has no restrictions set (they can be seen on my home phone caller ID)

and all I get on my display for EVERY incoming call is the following:
    Incoming call Unknown number

I never get an clue as to who is calling me neither their name nor phone number ever is displayed.

Is there a setting somewhere, anywhere I am overlooking???

Thank you
    Tom
    A few possibilities:

1.) Content Protection is enabled. Usually, if this is enabled, your caller ID will only display the number, not the name -- who knows, maybe on your 7105 it's blocking the whole deal.

2.) Numbers don't match. For example, if "Joe" is in your address book as 1-915-123-4567, and he calls from 915-123-4567, it will not show his name.

On both 1 and 2 though, your device would still show the incoming number, but at least it's a start --

3.) Nobody likes you and they all block caller ID?!? (a joke, o-n-l-y a joke)

Another thing to try is to switch your SIM to another TMO phone and see if the problem goes to the new phone. If it does, then it's a service provider/SIM thing and not your 7105.

Also, you may just try a cold reboot -- pull out then replace the battery. Sometimes that fixes things we can't figure out.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

QUOTE:
    Also, you may just try a cold reboot -- pull out then replace the battery. Sometimes that fixes things we can't figure out.

Hee hee... I called T-mobile once, described the problem and told them I had just pulled the battery for a hard reset. Their first instruction was "Please pull the battery for a hard reset"

tassenza no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for your suggestions - I tried them all but to no avail.

I did swap SIMs and with the 7105 chip in my pearl, I still did not get caller id info, So I think it is a T-Mobile account issue. I'll be calling them soon. Wish me luck - I think I'll be needing it....

Quote Originally Posted by tassenza
    Thanks for your suggestions - I tried them all but to no avail.

I did swap SIMs and with the 7105 chip in my pearl, I still did not get caller id info, So I think it is a T-Mobile account issue. I'll be calling them soon. Wish me luck - I think I'll be needing it....
    Good Luck! I'm relieved to know it's not the unit.