Hey Guys, I'm new to this website, but I must say I'm very pleased to ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

mrguky no está en línea Stack level 1

Calendar Agenda on Home Screen?

Advertisement

Hey Guys,
    I'm new to this website, but I must say I'm very pleased to be a part of what looks like a very helpful community.
    I just got a 7105t today (which I'm currently updating the software on), and was disappointed that I was unable to figure out how to get the events on my calendar to show up on the home screen. I had seen this on the pearl, and wanted to know if it was possible. For those of you who dont know what it is I'm refering to, on the home screen of the pearl (and I'm guessing the 8800) I saw that it is possible to have events show up as they come along, instead of having to go into the calendar to view them. Is it possible to change the settings at all so that they can provide this feature? Thanks in advance for any help.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Quote Originally Posted by mrguky
    Hey Guys,
    I'm new to this website, but I must say I'm very pleased to be a part of what looks like a very helpful community.
    I just got a 7105t today (which I'm currently updating the software on), and was disappointed that I was unable to figure out how to get the events on my calendar to show up on the home screen. I had seen this on the pearl, and wanted to know if it was possible. For those of you who dont know what it is I'm refering to, on the home screen of the pearl (and I'm guessing the 8800) I saw that it is possible to have events show up as they come along, instead of having to go into the calendar to view them. Is it possible to change the settings at all so that they can provide this feature? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Welcome to the Stacks!I believe the ability to have your appointments show on the home screen is theme driven. If you change your theme to BB Dimension Today (Options, Theme) you'll be able to see your appts. from here on out!Let us know if your successful or not!Good luck!!!

Re: Calendar Agenda on Home Screen?

Quote Originally Posted by UH8ME
    Welcome to the Stacks!I believe the ability to have your appointments show on the home screen is theme driven. If you change your theme to BB Dimension Today (Options, Theme) you'll be able to see your appts. from here on out!Let us know if your successful or not!Good luck!!!
    I don't believe the Dimension Today theme is available for the 71xx series, except for (possibly) the 7130 because it has more memory. Dimension Icon and Zen themes work on the 7105, but not the Today. I may be wrong, though -- anybody else?

From what I've seen, that seems to make sense. I've tried to install the Dimension - Today, but to no avail. Then again, I'm no pro yet. How can I install a .JAD onto my phone?
    Also, I installed BB Dimension-Zen and there doesnt seem to be a way for me to get my agenda on the home screen. If there's anyone out there who has done this with ZEN, could you explain how? Thank you!

mike213735 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

To get the next 2 appointments in your calender to appear on the home screen you just need to use any "today" theme as far as I am aware. Does your carrier not have a today theme for it? I am on Vodafone and have used the today theme from them.

Thanks
    Mike

I have tried the Vodafone theme as well as the 02 theme, Orange theme, but there are none that put the tasks on the home screen. What i do need is a "today" theme, but I havent been able to find one for the 7105t. Are there any out there?

nanavati1 no está en línea Stack level 1

hello,

i am also new to this site/forum, infact i just registered cause of the problem that i am facing (which for me is like 'do or die'). i get calendar entries on the home screen but i dont get all of them nor do i get the full entry (subject). is there some theme which enables this instead of only 2 or 3 entries on home screen? i just shifted from windows mobile, where it has so have gotten really used to it. + the fact that i forgot a very important b'day recently put me in a soup, which otherwise i would have known just looking at the homescreen.

thanks,,

Kunal Nanavati

nanavati1 no está en línea Stack level 1

hello,

i am also new to this site/forum, infact i just registered cause of the problem that i am facing (which for me is like 'do or die'). i get calendar entries on the home screen but i dont get all of them nor do i get the full entry (subject). is there some theme which enables this instead of only 2 or 3 entries on home screen? i just shifted from windows mobile, where it has so have gotten really used to it. + the fact that i forgot a very important b'day recently put me in a soup, which otherwise i would have known just looking at the homescreen.

thanks,,

Kunal Nanavati

The "Today" themes let you see only two entries on the home screen, and as far as I know that's the best BlackBerry has to offer in that regard -