Could someone help with this problem which is baffling the experts at my service provider? ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

chris no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2521CA50

Browser on Convenience key

Advertisement

Could someone help with this problem which is baffling the experts at my service provider?

Pressing the Convenience key on my 7100v should take enable the Browser option and take me to the Vodafone Live! website. Unfortunately this prompt the error message "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configeration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device"

I've tried to register through the Host Routing Table - apart from a Registration email arriving in my in-box, nothing else happen. The Service Book ssems to have the correct entries to enable the Browser. Additionally the Vodafone Live! icon does not appear on the screen. In the Settings option, there is a Mobile Email Setting icon. Clicking on that icon open up the browser and take my to the sign in page of my mobile email account. Strange that the browser work for that but does not work via the Convenience key!

I should add that I had the Browser facility okay on the BB for some time, this has just happened a couple of weeks ago without any logical reasons.

Looking forward to your advice

Many thanks

Chris

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Browser on Convenience key

When you went the the host routing table did you select the carrier name instance that was in Bold text before slecting registed now?

If you did already, go to options / service book and tell me what you have there.

You can also try in options / service book / enter the 'Blackberry Internet Browsing Service' by selecting 'view' / press track wheel and select 'Show HRT' / to the very bottom should be the Bold option / try the register now there.

Ook
    Ook no está en línea Stack level 2

Are you connected to a BES? If so, browsing could be disabled by an admin?

PIN/ID
    2521CA50

Hayden

I've already tried the HRT setting as you suggested. Have the following entries in the Service Book:

Services - vfuk WAPtrans
    Services [Browser Config]
    WAP MMS Transport [WAP]
    IPPP for 5 Click[IPPP]
    Browser Config for 5 Click
    WAP Push Config
    Vodafone UK Idlescreen
    Mobile Email [CMME]
    Provisioning

All are active as denoted by a tick on the BB.

Ook - I'm connected via a BIS.

Chris

PIN/ID
    2521CA50

Hayden

Have you had any luck yet?

Chris

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Your service book dosn't seem complete. Please return to your provider. Is this a new device? Did you purchase it from them? Was it unlocked to be used by vodafone?