This problem has been raised several times in various threads but never directly answered so ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

dmazan no está en línea Stack level 1

Bluetooth PC Sync: BB Paired But Still Disconnected

Advertisement

This problem has been raised several times in various threads but never directly answered so I thought I would post it separately. Here is the situation:

- PC and Blackberry both meeting all of the requirements for Bluetooth sync.
    - PC and Blackberry properly paired in MS "Bluetooth Devices" dialogue.
    - Device Manager has Bluetooth properly configured and the Blackberry shows up in connection settings as "Bluetooth-PIN: x" and status CONNECTED.
    - Desktop Manager Connection Settings show "Connection: Bluetooth-PIN: x"; Automatically Switch from Bluetooth to USB" can be checked or not, doesn't matter.
    - PC and Blackberry are clearly talking over Bluetooth as "Connected" appears every second or so in the MS Bluetooth Devices dialogue and the name of the PC is bold on the Blackberry Tools/Bluetooth screen.

That is to say, everything should be working, the PC and Blackberry are paired up and Desktop Manager sees the Blackberry. But the Desktop Manager still shows "Disconnected."

Have any of the people who posted this problem found a solution?

Duffy

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Bluetooth PC Sync: BB Paired But Still Disconnected

Not yet. I am still working on pairing my 7105t and my pc.

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

I've never experienced this problem myself. What version of BlackBerry software are you running on your device?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

4.10.256, the newest OS upgrade (Platform 1.8.0.143) and 4.1.0.8 (Desktop Manager).

ggmleko no está en línea Stack level 1

If the bluetooth sync options are grayed out, you are using a stack other than Microsoft.

Here is what you need to do!

google "bth.inf", you can download it a couple different places, download it to your desktop where you can find it.

Next click on start, and run, type " %windir%\inf " in the command spot, it will open up a file with tons of drivers in it. Drag the bth.inf file into it. Doesnt matter where, just get it in there.

Next, go to your control panel and uninstall your stack for bluetooth, its probably from toshiba.

You may have to restart if plug and play doesnt grab it right away. Restart and it will ask to search for the driver, click accept and you are done.

Now your intellisync will recognize and allow you to sync with bluetooth

AJvanWyk no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

Thank you for the ideas above. I have tried it and unfortunately this did not solve my problem. I have a Blackberry Pearl 8100, I have used the Standard Desktop Manager it came with ver. 4.2.0.12. I have a Dell Latitude D630 running XP SP2 and yes I have the Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba. So even after uninstalling it and copying the .inf file, windows did not recognise the driver and I had to re-install the old drivers.

So, I am still stuck in this non bluetooth sync world.........

Any help Please !!!

jimchoff no está en línea Stack level 1

What happens to other BT functions when you do this. I have a TP60 with the Broadcomm/Widcomm stack+My Bluetooth Places Software.

FernandoCepeda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205B2C28

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i tried adding the .inf file and it already existed in that folder and replaced it. I don't know how to erase the stack but I figured it wasn't necesary since I had the correct file already. I also have the widcomm bt as Jim.I don't know what else to try, Bluetooth options are still gray and blocked