I have a 7130g that connects to my computer with an IVT Corporation Blue Soleil ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

bootesey no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2500619B

Question Bluetooth File Transfer

Advertisement

I have a 7130g that connects to my computer with an IVT Corporation Blue Soleil Bluetooth Dongle, once the device is connected, I can send files from my Blackberry to the computer, but I can't send files from the computer to the Blackberry.
    When I select the file on my computer that I want to send, then right click it and choose "Send to Bluetooth Device", although "Blackberry 7130" is identified in the dialogue box, the Windows File Transfer Wizard tells me that it can't find a device, despite the fact that the Bluetooth Main Window (Blue Screen with Orange Globe etc.) shows the Blackberry by name and a connection.
    Can anyone tell me why I can't send to my Blackberry from my computer please?

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Bluetooth File Transfer

I don't know whether this would help..but try choose 'Receive Using Bluetooth' in your device and initiate the file transfer.

PIN/ID
    2500619B

Thumbs up Re: Bluetooth File Transfer

Many thanks for that advice, worked first time!!

Quote Originally Posted by bootesey View Post
    I have a 7130g that connects to my computer with an IVT Corporation Blue Soleil Bluetooth Dongle, once the device is connected, I can send files from my Blackberry to the computer, but I can't send files from the computer to the Blackberry.
    When I select the file on my computer that I want to send, then right click it and choose "Send to Bluetooth Device", although "Blackberry 7130" is identified in the dialogue box, the Windows File Transfer Wizard tells me that it can't find a device, despite the fact that the Bluetooth Main Window (Blue Screen with Orange Globe etc.) shows the Blackberry by name and a connection.
    Can anyone tell me why I can't send to my Blackberry from my computer please?
    I also use an IVT dongle, and on my 8700g I have never gotten far enough to even send files from the device to the computer - I stand in awe of you! Would you mind detailing how it's done? Thanks in advance . . .

sam_sol no está en línea Stack level 1

Where can I find the option 'Receive Using Bluetooth'? Cheers! =D

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by sam_sol View Post
    MiniFAQ check #9

xero-xero no está en línea Stack level 1

woo hoo. saving unwanted files from the computer,,,

PIN/ID
    2500619B
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_sol View Post
    Hi, from the icon list select MEDIA, you can choose Ringtones or Pictures, select the one you want, click the scroll wheel, you will see Preloaded & Device Memory, select which folder you want by rolling the thumb wheel then click it, in the resulting menu you should see "Receive using Bluetooth". If Bluetooth isn't enabled you will be asked if you want to enable it, answer "Enable"
    Start the Bluetooth Device Discovery in the IVT window, when it has discovered and you have paired your device, double click it to discover what services are available. Right click your Blackberry named device and select "Connect" and choose "Bluetooth Object Push Service", Right click the Bluetooth Object Push Service in the IVT window(7th from the left) and select "Send Objects" you will be presented with an "Open" dialogue box, change the file type to "All Files", select the folder that contains your file, find the file and double click it, you will get a message on your Blackberry asking you to choose the location you want to save it in, accept the default, scroll to "Save" and you will see the progress bar go to 100%.
    This concludes the first lesson!!!!!
    This is how I transfer files, Pictures and MP3 ringtones, to and from my 7130g, I am not experienced enough to know if this method works with other models, but if it works for you, that'll be good, I wish you the best of luck.

Sorry for the delay in responding to your posts
    Last edited by bootesey; 03-12-2008 at 09:00 AM.

PIN/ID
    2500619B
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    I also use an IVT dongle, and on my 8700g I have never gotten far enough to even send files from the device to the computer - I stand in awe of you! Would you mind detailing how it's done? Thanks in advance . . .
    Sorry Mark, I replied to Sam_Sol with the method on my 7130g, it's a bit of a marathon, but it may work for you.
    As I said in that reply, if you choose MEDIA, then choose from the Pictures or Ringtones folders, click the thumbwheel and you should see "Receive by Bluetooth" about half way down the menu.