Hi. A co-worker has a bb7130g on BES. trouble is it is showing a message ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Len
    Len no está en línea Stack level 2

Block Erase 6 on 7130g - Help

Advertisement

Hi.

A co-worker has a bb7130g on BES. trouble is it is showing a message "Block Erase 6" on the screen and wont do anything else. I have pulled the battery but that didnt help, any suggestions, Thanks.

Len

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Block Erase 6 on 7130g - Help

hold track wheel down repeatedly until device eventually reboots.

Sounds like you'll need to do a reset using the loader /nojvm option. You will need the device software for this, then once you have that installed to your computer, you connect the device, from a command prompt type in <install path>\apploader /nojvm.

The installation path is usually "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader" so if you go to there in a command prompt, do te apploader /nojvm it will connect to the device and do a complete reinstall. You will lose your data (unless you have it backed up). This will basically bring the device back to square 1.

Good luck.
    Just a few quotes I found on the web concerning this problem. I didnt find anything on pinstack, but Ill keep looking.

Len
    Len no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Block Erase 6 on 7130g - Help

Thanks CP, much appreciated. will try that tomorrow as she has gone home and taken her BB with her.
    Best.

Len.