Hi got BB few months back (2nd hand) I'm on a prepay plan and now ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

milax24 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry charges?

Advertisement

Hi got BB few months back (2nd hand) I'm on a prepay plan and now being total nood to blackberry I started geting charged 10c every 20mins after 4 weeks of use (it works out heaps after a while.) The facts: On vodafone NZ, I set up a email account but never used it, I have no browser, The phone says I am registered with wirelss network. I only use the it for sms and calls I have 7130v I hope this makes sense cheers

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: Blackberry charges?

I think the only thing that's unclear is the question you're trying to get answers to. What's your question?

O yea that would help, sorry my question is why am I getting charged without actually sending/reciving anything?

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i might be wrong but it sounds as if its trying to push info you say you set up a email account and that should be it

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

blackberry on prepay? is that possible? Other then that your using data for your emails so your carrier is probably charging you for it. Its like have a 1000 sms message plan and after that 1000 its 0.10 cent per after. but if you dont have a data plan then your going to get charged.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I believe that when you set the email account up, you created a connection to the Blackberry Network through the BIS site. Now, every so often your BB and the Network shake hands to verify connection and pass on any emails. You are getting charged for this handshaking even when there is no email for you to get.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Since this is Vodafone NZ, I think that probably has something to do with it (being the prepaid question from driftorX). Now, as for the charges and where they stem from, what other programs do you have on your BB?

I believe this is probably some application looking for content updates. Since the 7130 can't control the Data Only function I'm not sure it's something you can stop. Since you're only using it for SMS and calls, why not just have a normal cell phone? BlackBerrys are built for data and heavily depend on it (as exemplified by your bill!) = )

Prepaid I asked the question before purchase and was told it was alright. And has been working well up in to now with the extra charges. Ok i should hav jus bought cell but I like this and has been fine. (until now) I havnt added any applications only a couple games brickbreaker (yay) and good ol pacman. I think it sounds like the email thing, if I cancel it would stop the charges?

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

You might want to ask your carrier what data plan they have available, and whether that could reduce the extra charges you are paying. I'm with T-mobile -- they want me to have a mail account with them...which I hardly ever use, so it costs a flat rate, no extra charges. On top of that They offer unlimited data for $20 a month, again flat rate. I use it day and night... browsing the Net, AND using it as a modem for my laptop when I am not within WiFi range.

Ask them to spell out your options for you and see. Maybe something similar would work for you.