Is there a way to keep track of a person’s birthday in the contacts list? ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

ml320 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    pm 4 pin

Birthdays in my contacts list

Advertisement

Is there a way to keep track of a person’s birthday in the contacts list? I know I can go to the calendar and enter it in but when I put in persons information as a new contact or whatever is there some way to save their birthday along with that? Or set a reminder for there birthday from the contacts list? I know my Treo does it and just wondering if my BB can do the same.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Birthdays in my contacts list

Whats wrong with just using the Calender? I think it's easier to keep track of them that way. If you want to use the contact field, try loading it in Outlook first then synch your BB with that. All the Conacts and notes should transfer over to your BB. If that doesn't work you can just try to store is as a note, under their info on your BB

ml320 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    pm 4 pin

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    Whats wrong with just using the Calender? I think it's easier to keep track of them that way. If you want to use the contact field, try loading it in Outlook first then synch your BB with that. All the Conacts and notes should transfer over to your BB. If that doesn't work you can just try to store is as a note, under their info on your BB
    Nothing is wrong with the calendar but some times you want to know an upcoming b-day or whatever with out searching through your calendar to find it. You can go to the name of the individual and see it there. But thank you for that and I changed it in outlook so it can reflect on my Blackberry

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

I would also use the notes area in the address book. It works well for me.