Hello, Currently on Bell Mobility network and i'm wondering if the GPS feature is available ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

morphus no está en línea Stack level 1

Bell 7130e - GPS and 4.2

Advertisement

Hello,

Currently on Bell Mobility network and i'm wondering if the GPS feature is available since it just doesn't seem to work with Blackberry Maps.

Also is there any upgrade plan from Bell? Last one is quite old and no sign of 4.2

Thank

ML

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Welcome to PinStack.com. I'm not sure about the GPS you may have to confirm with carrier. Keep track of available upgrades here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...646D38BC2145CA

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    morphus, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Hello morphus, welcome to pinstack.

I would say the gps is a no go, but please let us know if you find out differently.

BBToronto no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Bell 7130e - GPS and 4.2

I don't understand it. Bell 8703e has internal GPS support and I have installed BB Map also. The Map is working but it won't connect to GPS. I also agree with you that there are no sign of OS upgrade neither. I don't even know if I try purchasing other GPS map to try it.

Pentarus no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Bell 7130e - GPS and 4.2

Like Verizon, Bell Mobility needs to enable GPS support on their Wireless Network first. An OS updgrade is not sufficient. What the 7130e and the 8703e have is called AGPS... It is not a true GPS device... So.... The carrier needs to support this function for it to work. That being said.. there are rumors that Bell Mobility is planning to enable GPS support somewhere in 2007 (I get this from a source that has never disapointed me so far).

We will have to be patient... In the meantime I purchased a BT puck... Not ideal but it works.

Cheers.

Pentarus