ok, i d/loaded BBweather (0.75), installed it, it wouldn't work. tried w/ AND w/out MDS ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

BBweather - NO it policy & still WON'T work...

Advertisement

ok, i d/loaded BBweather (0.75), installed it, it wouldn't work. tried w/ AND w/out MDS Proxy enabled/disabled. one way gave the IPPP service book missing msg and the other way the "inside and outside firewall... IT policy...blah-blah-blah" msg......

so i removed the IT policy. i own this BB and am using it for BIS, so removing the IT policy was completly ok as far as i am concerned. i used the following instructions to do so:
    Step 1

Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again.

If you don't have the CD that came with your Blackberry, the Software can be downloaded here.

Step 2 Download the file policy.bin and save it in your Blackberry installation directory (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry).

Step 3
    Wipe your Blackberry, creating a backup if necessary. Select Options/Security/Wipe on the Device.

If this option is unavailable, you may have to install the latest software on your Blackberry. You need to Download and install the latest Desktop Manger Software, then the latest Handheld Software. Connect your device, open the Desktop Manager, select Application Loader, and follow the prompts.

Step 4 Close the Desktop Manager if it is open.

Step 5 From the Windows Start Menu select Run..., and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side, navigate to: HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to: C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin

Step 6 Open the Desktop Manager.

Step 7 Connect the Device.

I verified after performing the above process that the IT policy was indeed removed. So i reinstalled BBweather, tried w/ and w/out MDS Proxy enabled/disabled......STILL NOT WORKING.....

even after removing the IT policy, i am not given the option to disable the firewall.....i wonder why!?!?

BB 7130e
    Verizon
    OS v4.1.0.268

any and all suggestions/help is greatly appreciated!!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    This may be a silly question, have you deleted BB Weather and reinstalled it?
    Yes, i just tried that for a second time. The results don't change at all.