Any Blackberry loyalists move from the 6200 or 7200 series devices to a 7100 model? ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

BB purists that are now 7100 Users

Advertisement

Any Blackberry loyalists move from the 6200 or 7200 series devices to a 7100 model? What are your thoughts and experiences? Does the 7100 give you the same feeling of using a BB like it's supposed to be used?

I'm thinking of making the move,but don't want to be dissapointed. I'm a t-mobile user and have had a 6230 and currently a 7230. I'm not as much of a power user as I used to be. I do lots of e-mail, BB messenger and Ramble chatting, some browsing (especially via 411 app), use the PIM functions (address book, notepad etc) mostly.

The 7105t is what I'm looking at. Here is some reasoning:

Better screen resolution and clarity
    More memory
    More "phone like" with dedicated buttons and shape
    Speakerphone
    Better Phone clarity and quality
    Bluetooth built in. Even if it is only for headsets...
    SureType wasn't that bad when I tried it. It may actualy be less work since it will finish a word for you

Concerns:
    No full QWERTY may be a downer
    Ugly GUI and theme
    Not the true BB experience
    3rd party app compatibility
    Battery Life
    The 8700 will blow it away when it's available in 6 months and then I'll want to upgrade then too. LOL

Any thoughts for me? RjHaray, didn't you move from a 7100 to the 8700? Have any insight?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: BB purists that are now 7100 Users

Are you going to get the 7105t via upgrade? If you do, I think you have a 14 day trial period where you can return the phone if you don't like it. Check with T-mobile on what the return policy is for upgrades.

If you don't like the 7105t you can always get the 7290 for now until the 8700 can be unlocked or until T-Mobile gets their version.

mrpink57 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320F8773

I went from the 7520 to the 7100i and to be honest I like the 7100i a lot more, mainly since the screen is much brighter on the lower setting then my 7520 was on its highest. Also I like SureType a lot more since it requires less motions, and the keys are closer together, works much better as a phone I use my BT headset less then I used to with having this bad boy... Oh and the ladies love it LOL.

The cons of it mainly is the weak vib on it, on my 7520 the thing would practically vib off my belt and if I had a metal hip it would rattle it loose if it could, and also in the sunlight it does a poor job however that seems to be fixed on the 7105t.

pink
    Do you know what this is? Its the world's smallest violin playing just for the waitresses.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I converted from the 7730 to the 7100 series and here are the pros and cons:

Pros of the 7100 series (Cons of the 7730's in parentheses)
    Improved screen (I nearly went blind on my 7730's even with the backlight on 24/7)
    One-handed typing with SureType (I am right handed and typing is much easier than pecking out messages on the 7730's)
    Signal-lasts much longer (the reason I returned one of my 7730's)
    Battery life....My 7100's last much longer, around 2 weeks and I'm able to travel without them having to be connected to my pc thanks to having 3 batteries and 3 chargers (my 7730's had to be charged daily...in other words I never took them anywhere cause they had to be connected to my pc or charging at home all the time.)
    Style and size...I love the look of the 7100's because they look more like a cell phone than a PDA and they are much lighter than the 7730's (those felt like bricks)
    More accessories....I like to keep my phones protected and find ways to carry them around....I found a neck lanyard, but what I really want is a wrist lanyard for my 7100's, and I have a Krusell Multidapt Swivel Clip Case...(I have yet to see anything I like for the 7730).
    More options for messengers, games, etc... (I hardly found anything for my 7730) as opposed to many games, etc for my 7100s.

All in all, the 7100 series is MUCH better than any of the other 7000 series BB's.

Oh and u can change the theme of the 7100 series. I got sick and tired of staring at the default tmobile theme on my 7100s and use the BB Insight Icon theme. I don't ever remember seeing a different theme for my 7730's unless I just didn't know it back then. Also, when I had minutes (before I found out there were data only plans), I could hear my ringtones and vibrations all over my house and knew I was getting a phone call or a message of some kind. I have learned a lot in a year thanks to owning 5 BB's.

The ONLY con about the 7100 series is the power button. I managed to mash in the power button on the top of my 1st 7100t to the point that I couldn't turn the thing on or off (also the signal died). I had to return that one and get a 2nd 7100t and I've been much more careful with it and my 7105t. I give the 7730 the pro in this category only as it's power button is on the front of the device by the keyboard and can't be mashed in. I wonder if this is because I am physically strong and don't know my own strength at times lol
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 03-24-2006 at 12:19 AM.

littleyertle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    312E219B

for anyone worried... not having the full QWERTY shouldn't even be a concern...

the suretype is quick to pick up what you're going for... even though i still have problems with "hey v get" and "try v yet" and "see v are"...

anyone else come across that?

All the time LOL

rcb3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2033EC90

i went from a 7230 to a 7100t. i like the t but it does have its problems. The keyboard is the main one for me. With the keyboard setup as small as it is two thumbing is next to impossible. i do a lot of typing and it is really a pain. i have dyslexia and the suretype hinders more than it helps.the back light is great i can use as a flashlight for those night walkings thru the house. Themes games and downloads are plenty. My wife just traded up from 7230 to 7290 and she loves it. i wish i had gotten that model. But now i am waiting for the 8700t.for a classic BB user the keyboard is a problem.

anthony no está en línea Stack level 3

Personally, I find Suretype annoying. Try spelling 'perspicacity' using it! far easier using the common or garden typeset.

derekneverdi no está en línea Stack level 1

Help!!!
    I just got a 7100t and when I put my Cingular sim card in it said INVALID SIM